Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 04:15 AM

Lot's of times it has been mentioned here to meet some members here onboard someday.

I just Booked A quickie 3 Day on the Sensation for Jan 25th 2007. out of Port Canaveral.

so Far the Sensation has the best sounding Karaoke Lounge I have seen on a ship.

I just sailed her in October and needed a quick fix. so if anybodys up for partying or just sailing for a quick getaway Jan 25 is like 72 days away... and it's Cheap

Just a thought
Old 11-14-2006, 04:15 AM

Lot's of times it has been mentioned here to meet some members here onboard someday.

I just Booked A quickie 3 Day on the Sensation for Jan 25th 2007. out of Port Canaveral.

so Far the Sensation has the best sounding Karaoke Lounge I have seen on a ship.

I just sailed her in October and needed a quick fix. so if anybodys up for partying or just sailing for a quick getaway Jan 25 is like 72 days away... and it's Cheap

Just a thought
Old 11-14-2006, 04:59 AM

MrOctober...you are a cruise junkie!! ha! It would be great to meet some members on here, but unfortunately I doubt I will be able to be on this ship...especially since I live in Texas! Good luck getting a group together! Do you sing Karaoke? What's your favorite song to sing? I can't carry a tune, so I would never ruin other people's cruise by hurting their ears! haha!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MrOctober:

Just a thought
hey mr oct,im retired id love to go my wife wouldnt go for it .i know we would have a good time cause iam crazy and i dont snoore,im a ladies man we can go fishing on the nude deck with our rods
Old 11-15-2006, 12:26 PM

lol Gary I only fish with women ... and I do snore
Old 11-15-2006, 04:01 PM

quote:
lol Gary I only fish with women ... and I do snore
you and my wife will get along great!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:16 PM

Oh wait, you're talking about a cruise.

TIm
Old 11-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Can someone tell me more about the Sensation? My son and his girlfriend are coming from London on Sat. I have talked them into a short cruise. My son does not like sitting around so to speak and has always shied away from cruising feeling he would be bored. When they go on vacations usually 3 or 4 times a year they take vacations that most people do not consider. Going to places like India, Egypt and most recently Dubai. I convinced him that there will be so many shore excursions to chose from.

I chose the Elation over the Sensation mainly because of age. The sensation was built in 1993 as apposed to 1998 for the Elation. Can anyone make comparisons for me? I have seen new pictures of the Elation and it looks really nice. I have been told the Sensation is showing her age.

The Elation sails on Saturday and the Sensation sails on Sunday. I have a daughter who has been on the Conquest. She would go with us but cannot get off work for Saturday. I want to make this a lasting (good) impression for my son so I am afraid if I pick the Sensation he may decide that cruising is not for him. I have told him the longer cruises has newer more WOW ships and not to judge all by this one. My question is should I change to the Sensation so my daughter can go or leave it at the Elation for a better experiance for my son. I don't think my daughter cares if she goes or not though it would be nice to have her with us.
Any suggestions on shore excursions?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:14 AM

We were on the Elation when she was relatively new, either 1999 or 2000, can't remember. We had a blast, however, I am a cruise addict. I think my determining factor would be the itineraries. If there are some really good ports, then he would be really busy on shore. On all of our Carnival cruises, the food has been good, we've had some really great crews and entertainment, and we've always enjoyed ourselves. Since you said he doesn't like to sit, whichever ship offers more good stops would likely make a better impression. (Just my opinion). It's so hard to book around everyone's schedule. Best wishes and good luck!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Banned

quote:

Just a thought

I am so glad that I don't live in Florida, because I would be sooo broke!

I would love karaoke with ya, but our "quickie" is next month on the Fantasy. (so glad our New Orleans port is back)

But keep us posted on your planned trips, so perhaps we can sing together one day. I love to sing harmony!!!

Happy Cruising!

Closed Thread