Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 AM

Is this true that Carnival (valor)has been changing their dining times to just two choices, and There is only one dining time early (18:00) and one dining time late (20:15)?
that's what my travel agent told me when I requested to have dinner at 20.00.

When I requested that all of our family (5) will seat together at the same table without partners he answered that "as for a table assignment, those are strictly done on board" - is that really the way it's done?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Carnival has been transitioning away from the split dining times they had been using and will return to two seatings fleet-wide by the end of this summer. Here is an excerpt:

...we will be transitioning from four sittings (5:45, 6:15, 8:00 or 8:30 PM) to two sittings (6:00 or 8:15 PM) for dinner...

As for the table assignments - it is true that nothing is really final until you board the ship. However, the dining room management will have a plan before you board, and your family will be seated together. What they can't guarantee is that you can have a table just to yourselves. They'll accommodate you if they can, but if the ship is full you may be at a table for 6,8, or 10 with other passengers seated with you.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:36 PM

Thank you, Dave. Is there any way to enter comments about our preference (a table without partners or the location of the table)?
I hope it won't be too crowded with only two sittings for dinner.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I hope it won't be too crowded with only two sittings for dinner.
Don't be confused by the four seating thing - it was really still two seatings but they were staggered by a half-hour for ships with two main dining rooms. One dining room did 5:45 and 8, and the other did 6:15 and 8:30. Some ships never had four seatings if I remember correctly. Carnival hasn't always done the four seating arrangement. It was started a few years ago but I guess proved to be more of a hassle than it was worth, and now they are returning to the "usual" way.

Actually Carnival is also testing anytime dining on some ships too.

As for your preference, the only thing you can do is go to the dining room manager on embarkation day and see if he can accommodate you. They will be available at the dining room (often the entrance to it) or at some other place which is listed in your Carnival Capers which will be in your cabin.

Being seated with others is usually a high point for many of us cruisers. It is nice to meet others and share the cruise experience with them. We had some wonderful tablemates on our cruise to Alaska last month. We ended up hugging goodbye on the last night.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:12 PM

Thank you, Dave!
Old 07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Banned

Dave is correct. Each dining room had two seatings different from the other dining room making 4 seperate dining times. So if each dining room has 2 seatings at the same time as the other dining room, it is no more crowded than before.

Carnival will attempt to honor your dining request but no guarantees. If you don't like the arrangement you can always attempt to change them once on board but there is usually a very long wait to do so.

If you don't have small kids that get hungry fast, I highly recommend the latest dining time. That way you have plenty of "Get ready" time once you get back on board from your excursion for the day. Plus, you can then go right to the show in the main theater.

Sodey
Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM

The changes are suppose to be fleet wide now for the 2 dining times. The only exception is the Flexible Dining Option being tested on the Legend.

Dwayne
Old 07-18-2008, 06:23 AM

You can always go to the buffet, too. Or the Supper Club. I do believe you'll find it a nice way to meet new people, though. We've been very lucky and have met some great people at our tables. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
anytime, capers, carnival, carnivals, cruise, dining, dinner, offer, seating, seatings, show, thecarnival, time, times, valor