Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:42 PM

Is it ok to use cash for the Sail & Sign card?
How much of a deposit will they ask for? How much should we (2) expect to spend on the card on a 7 day cruise? Without this site we would be lost. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:20 PM

It is ok, though it's not advisable, IMO, to carry as much cash with you as you will probably need to establish your shipboard account. Check with the cruise line to be sure, but you may be asked for $500 or more. Best to use a credit card. If you don't have one, then I'd suggest getting travelers checks - they're safer to carry than cash.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:23 PM
The amount would depend on what you expect to buy onboard. If you plan to order drinks, buy photos, souvenirs and things like that you will need more. If you book shore excursions that will go on the card as well. If you run out of cash on the card you can always add more to it.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Here is the posted Carnival Policy regarding the Sail and Sign Card: Sail and Sign Card

Old 04-23-2006, 06:38 PM

I don't know about the sail and sign, but I was on royal caribbean last year and they have a sea pass card. I used my credit card when I was boarding for my sea pass, but on the last day I realized that I had enough cash to cover the amount. I just went to the purser's desk and changed it to cash. It was no problem. I'm sure the policy is probably the same on Carnival. I am going on a Carnival cruise May 07,2006 and will probably do the same thing.
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 04-25-2006, 09:53 AM

If you want to pay with cash I have found this to be the easiest way. I always like to pay cash for everything. When I get on the ship I happily give them a credit card to imprint then on the last day of the cruise I go down to the desk and pay off my entire balance in cash! If I want something else after that I will just let it sit on the credit card vs. waiting in line to pay again. But I make a point to not go pay my bill until I have purchased anything in the store I want, pictures, a can of soda for the morning of disembarkation, etc. That way I will never have more than one drink on my credit card. On the morning of disembarkation you will still get a 'bill' under you door but it will show the cash you paid on the previous day and just whatever small balance - or a zero balance. I just find that to be much easier than dealing with a deposit, making sure I have given them enough money, getting any extra money back, etc.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread

Tags
card, cash, sail, sign, versus