Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 01:51 PM

We are sailing on the Valor in September, and have been upgraded to Cat. 8C. . . .We currently are assigned a cabin way to the front of the ship (8200s)on the Verandah Deck.

As I look at the deck plans, it seems to me that the aft cabins have larger balconies and, in some cases, larger rooms. Some of them are even a lower category.

Can any of you tell me if I am correct in this? Should I request a different cabin?

Thanks!!

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 03-09-2006, 02:20 PM

You might be looking at the cabins that are actually a 9A. Depending on what brochure you have the coloring can look very similiar to a lower category color.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:36 PM

No, I'm looking at them correctly. . . Our current cabin is an 8C, and the aft cabins that look larger are 8Bs.

Our current assignment is located above and below other cabins, while the aft cabins are below the pool area. Can that have something to do with it?

Thanks, again!

Chrs

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 03-10-2006, 05:09 PM

The six cabins that go along the back of the verandah deck are 8C they have a bigger balcony of 60sq ft, the side cabins in 8C have 35sq ft balcony. The sq ft of the cabin is 185 for both. The cabins in the aft corners are 9a.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:04 AM

Mooneydiva,
Cruise Fanatic is correct. Those aft corner staterooms on Deck 8 are category 9A. The confusion lies in Carnival's latest consumer brochures. Category 8B is light green (as on Deck 7) and Category 9A is the dark green aft corner cabins on Decks 6, 7 and 8. You may notice that in the brochure Category 9A is not even listed on the ship layout - thus the confusion. You mention you were given an upgrade, so I assume you booked a Guarantee. What cabin category were you guaranteed?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-11-2006, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
Mooneydiva,
Cruise Fanatic is correct. Those aft corner staterooms on Deck 8 are category 9A. The confusion lies in Carnival's latest consumer brochures. Category 8B is light green (as on Deck 7) and Category 9A is the dark green aft corner cabins on Decks 6, 7 and 8. You may notice that in the brochure Category 9A is not even listed on the ship layout - thus the confusion. You mention you were given an upgrade, so I assume you booked a Guarantee. What cabin category were you guaranteed?
Nancy
I had been looking at the deck plans online, and the colors on there are very misleading. And, you're right, there is no Category 9 listed anywhere. So, thanks to Nancy and Cruise Fanatic for clearing that up.

As former CLC cruisers, we paid for the 8A and have been bumped up to 8C. We already have the cabin number, and it is the very first cabin forward.

On my other 3 cruises, we've always been midship. Being very sensitive to movement, I have been bothered (even on Adventure of the Seas last summer)when cruising. Thankfully, the patches help a lot. But, I'm a little nervous about being so far up front.

However, having a cabin under the pool concerns me, too, because of noise and such.

So, I'm in a quandry as to what to do.

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08