Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 12:39 PM

Hi group! Has anyone ever cruised in one of the ocean view rooms at the front or back of a Carnival ship? Check out the purple rooms on the Lido deck of Liberty and let me know what you think. Our TA has cruised in them and loves their view--even though the public can conceivably be right outside on the deck.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:57 PM

I've stayed in ocean view rooms at both the front and the back of the ship. We always book Riviera deck since we don't spend much time in the room anyway, the only difference I noticed was at the front you hear the waves crashing against the front of the ship. But we loved it. The kids got a huge kick out of how high past our window the waves would splash off of the ship
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07
Old 03-23-2007, 05:59 AM
I have sailed on the Victory and the Glory and they have the same rooms that you are referring to. You are correct that there is a promenade just outside your window. However, the windows are tinted so that people outside can't see in - Just like a 2 way mirror that you see in the interrogation rooms on CSI! The only way someone could see into the room is if you have the light on at night - in that case just close the blinds.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:58 AM

Wow--1-way glass! Pretty cool. Our TA discovered the rooms on Lido are handicap only, so we've moved to Empress deck. But that looks okay too.

Any idea if they upgrade into the handicap rooms if they're not booked--and if so, can we put ourselves on a list or something? We'd really love the Lido deck, as we're traveling with our teens and would like to be as close to where THEY'LL be spending their time as possible.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gkyagermom:

Any idea if they upgrade into the handicap rooms if they're not booked--and if so, can we put ourselves on a list or something? We'd really love the Lido deck, as we're traveling with our teens and would like to be as close to where THEY'LL be spending their time as possible.
I was upgraded to a handicapped room once (did not ask for it). I did not know it was a handicapped room until I got on the ship. It was pretty big, very nice!
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, bow, cabins, carnival, cruise, elation, front, glory, handicap, handicapped, room, rooms, ship, splendor, stern