Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2005, 08:46 PM

Dress Code ?? Since this is my first cruise, I was wondering about the dress code for dinner. I am going on a 7 day cruise (Conquest 11/05) and know that there will be two formal dinners. I have been reading online and have seen everything from jeans and shorts to tuxes and gowns. I know the "suggested" attire for regular and formal nights according to Carnivals web site, but wondered about the reality on both regular dining and formal nights. Altough we like to dress up and it is fun, I really don't see my husband in a tux unless someone is getting married .... If someone shows up in shorts, do they ask them to go to the buffet or another dining room? I really can't picture that, but hey some resturants I have been to have a required dress code and you don't get in unless you meet it!
Old 06-24-2005, 02:33 AM

mikayla73,

the cruise line's description fits reality fairly well. While there are certainly fewer men wearing tuxes than on some of the more upscale lines, dark suites will most certainly be the norm. Also, blue jeans and t-shirts should be avoided on the casual nights.

Shorts are never permitted in the dining room, by the way. Whether this is enforced depends on the people in charge of the dining room operation. There is one exception: On Bermuda cruises, genuine Bermuda Shorts are of course permitted - even on formal nights.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-27-2005, 08:01 AM

We cruised the conquest June 12-19. You will absolutely love it. I was very concerned about formal night cos' my husband thinks vacation is shorts and flip-flops only! haha I did convince him to take the one black suit he had. He wore this same suit both formal nights without a tie and he fit in very nicely. I wasn't ashamed to me seen with him, lol! I did not see any shorts but i may have seen khakis. If he has a suit yall will really enjoy dressing up for formal night. I got my dress at Sears for $40 and I fit in nicely too. It wasn't a long dress but just above the ankles and black of course! even if you just wear a black sun dress that would be ok. If you have any other questions feel free to email me, I had a LOT of questions before we went and this group answered them all. Darlene
Old 07-16-2005, 05:44 AM

I was on NCL Spirit at Easter and we had one formal night (5 day). I saw quite a few men wearing sport jackets over khakis. Of course, you don't HAVE to go formal- they aren't going to kick you off the ship if you are not, and you will find plenty of company. In fact, there were definitely guys in polo shirts and khakis with women dressed to the nines.

Teenaged boys tended to go the short sleeved, summer-type plaid, buttoned down shirt with khakis in various states of wrinkled-ness.

Closed Thread

Tags
code, cruise, dress, formal, night