Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 AM

Hi,we're from England and planning to go on a carnival cruise in september. We don't hear that much about hurricanes over here, can someone tell me what to expect in September, weather wise??
Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 AM

Hi,we're from England and planning to go on a carnival cruise in september. We don't hear that much about hurricanes over here, can someone tell me what to expect in September, weather wise??
Old 04-29-2004, 11:37 AM

hi Linda...

I was born in Leicester... still have family there... where r u from ? Ive heard that September is kinda chancy concerning the weather... but havent been on one then. Where will you be leaving from ? Florida ? Texas ? NY ? Which boat ? Which itenary ? All these things will of course factor in... we had some friends take a Christmas cruise from TX one year and the waters were so rough they couldnt even go to ports... just my 2 cents....
Old 04-29-2004, 11:48 AM

Hi Steph, we live in Yorkshire and were planning to go on either the Triumph or the Glory, both sailing out of Port Canaveral. When would you advize to go. The Triumph is a 14 night east/west caribean and the Glory is eastern.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:11 AM

Hello -

I live in Houston, Texas and two weeks ago I cruised from Galveston to Cozumel, and it was great.

The Hurricane season here is from June 1 through November 30. September is a month that is highly susceptible to hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico, where Altantic-generated hurricanes end up.

I would not recommend you cruise in Sepember. February thru June is a much better bet.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:16 AM

One more thing:

Here is a link to all the hurricanes that occurred in the Atlantic/Gulf Of Mexico in 2003. As you can see, September had quite a few.
http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~stevenb/hu...03_summary.gif

Closed Thread