Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival Freedom - Mediterranean cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/15309-carnival-freedom-mediterranean-cruises.html)

ekinna 01-04-2007 08:26 PM

Our travel agent recommended the Carnival Freedom for our Mediterranea cruise, and she raved about the food and ship quality. But I don't see Carnival line has those qualities when compared to other cruise lines. Any insight scoop would be appreciated. We're in our 40's, have cruised to Panama Canel, Northern European, Tahiti, Hawaii.

thanks!
ek

moeve 01-04-2007 11:50 PM

They do have a very good Itin for Europe but one would have to know what kind of ships you have been on before and what appealed to more.... in order to judge if Carnival might be for you.

PC GUY 01-05-2007 06:24 PM

The Carnival Freedom will be the last of the Conquest Class ships (currently the biggest in the fleet)and will be the newest ship in the fleet when it arrives - you will be on a brand new ship during its inaugeral season.

ekinna 01-06-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by moeve:
They do have a very good Itin for Europe but one would have to know what kind of ships you have been on before and what appealed to more.... in order to judge if Carnival might be for you.
We were on the Celebrity Galaxy for our Panama Canal cruise. The service was great and the food was consistently 5-star quality. How would you compare that with the Carnival? I just heard that Carnival's food and service are not quite 'up there.'

tncruiseman 01-06-2007 11:28 AM

For what it is worth, a couple that sailed the Galaxy last year to PC went with us on Carnival Triumph over Thanksgiving. Their comparison was Celebrity's service was more "pampering" and the clientel a bit more sedated. Although Carnival's staff accomodated every desire when asked, Celebrity staff "read their minds" at the right times. They felt Carnival's food was equal to or better and Carnival's shows were much better. The only thing Galaxy had that they missed having was a "formal" dancing band. The only time that type music and dancing was on Carnival was at the repeat guest party, and that wasn't for very long. If I were to book a Meditteranean cruise, it would be on Carnival Freedom or RCL Voyager of Seas, or similar ship in the class.

pink845 01-06-2007 03:30 PM

Dear Ekinna,

Food is so very personal. I have cruised CCL, NCL, Pricesss and RCL all in the last 3 years. Buffet food is basically the same on all these ships (I might add e\we sailed on the largest ship of each line). Found found food in the specialty restaurants (RCL and CCL) to be high quality, tasty, e.g. no artichokes at all on NCL while abundance on Carnival, none on RCL. AGain specialty restaurants high end with a cover had the most adventurous tastier food). Dining room food on all four lines basically the same. Room service on each line appalling - takes forever. If you want tea, pls order it before you get to your room as you will wait 1 hour. Late night food other than in specialty restaurants hard to find on NCL easy and accessible on RCL on promenade pizza deserts galore and even on CArnival pizzeria open all hours up on top deck. Again matter of choice, you cruise for the whole experience not just the food at least we do.

pink845 01-06-2007 03:34 PM

Ekinna, also itinerary on the CArnival Freedom for Med is wonderful. Or at least it sounds wonderful as we are hoping to do the 12 day Greek and Med in July or August even though it will be hotter than hades.