Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 01:37 AM

Hi everyone,

Just got back on Sunday from Carnival Valor Western Carribean. It was awesome!! It was our first time cruising, so we were very excited and everything definately exceed our expectation.

Let's start with the ship itself:
Valor is pretty new so it's beautiful. The room was pretty spacious (bathroom is quite small but very well designed for more space). The food in the dining room were GREAT, we went there for dinner every night and the food is just so so yummy. The steak was nice and juicy, the lobster was really fresh, the dessert really good. If any of you are going on the Valor, I reccommend you try the Duck Breast during lobster night, it's one of the entree and it's really really good. The food in the buffet was a bit boring though, exact same breakfast everyday (so do go to the dining room to have breakfast and lunch too)hehehe...
Overall, the food were awesome!!

Excursion in Grand Cayman:
It took 5 min to tender in Cayman, very quick and easy. We went to Stingray City with an outside tour http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.c..._Catamaran.htm
The tour went to Coral Garden, Cayman Barrier Reef to snokel, and the Stingray sandbar. It was beautiful, but the problem with going to 3 places is that we have very little time in each of the area. The water was a little rough that day, and when we got to the sandbar there was a lot of people there, so the boat couldn't park at a good spot (we had to stop at deeper water level). We were told to keep our feet on the ground so that we won't step on the stingray, but the water was rough and the water level was high, very hard. But we had fun overall. We had some time to go shopping etc.

Excursion in Roatan:
We join the Carnival tour in Roatan for Horseback riding on the beach. It was really fun and it was worth the money to go with Carnival. Taybana Beach was beautiful, lots of palm tree, some gift shop, shower area, lockers. Roatan seem like an area where you can get lost by yourself, so I reccomend joining a tour with Carnival. I don't see any shopping around the dock.

Excursion in Berlize:
Berlize is the most pain to tender, it took 15 min to get to shore, and it took a very very long wait on the ship to get on the tender. Also just a note if you are booking for outside tour, when we got to cayman, the ship time changed to cayman time which is an hour behind, so when you get to Berlize it's another hour behind (but the ship stays with cayman time until the last day).

Again we went with an outside tour call X-stream cave tubing
http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm
our tour guide JP was awesome, he really took care of us and making sure everyone was ok. I was a bit tired at the end and he pushed me back He told us a lot about Berlize on the ride there and when we were hiking he explained a lot of things to us too. he was great!!
I would really reccommend them because we actually did an extra cave than Carnival and other tour. Had very little time to shop after the tour.

Costa Maya:
No tender in Costa Maya. I was a bit dissapointed about Costa Maya, I expected beautiful beaches and stuff but NO. But if you like to shop, it's a great place to shop, a huge tourist village right by the dock. You need to really really bargain there. There were some restaurant and stuff, so you can pretty much spend your day there. There is a big pool in the centre but water is quite dirty. We shop for a little and then we decided to take the Taxi to Mahauhal (expecting it to be beautiful.) I was very dissapointed because the water was dirty and there was barely any sand. Lots of stores there and you have to get something to drink in order to use the chair. I didn't like it at all, I walked around for a bit and took the taxi back. I would of went to X-Caret or Xel Ha for an excursion instead.

I would post some pictures but I couldn't find my USB to load my pics, so I'll do it later. It was a really good experience.

Have Fun

carmen

Closed Thread

Tags
awesome, back, carnival, lobster, night, snokel, valor