Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 02:55 PM

I am booked on the Elation leaving Galveston on August 14th. I am a little nervous as many reviews on this and another site relate tales of teens running amuck and loads of young children totally unsupervised. I am from the northeast and school does not start here until after Labor Day. Does anyone out there know when school starts in the southwest? Can anyone give me any info? Would anyone with kids take a cruise that gets back on the 21st? I am just wondering if it is still high season for families with children at that time.

It is interesting to note that I was on a cruise on NCL Spirit on March 27, 2005, and I thought the kids were very well behaved (you can read my review on this site)... yet I have read two other reviews on other sites that said the kids were horrible! I thought they were fine, but maybe that is because I have five and none of them were with me. Please advise!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:50 PM

When we were on The Glory in March(Spring Break week) the kids weren't the problem it was some of the adults that were TOTALLY out of control. I was worried about my kids seeing what They were doing. The kids must have loved Kidz Kamp(mine did) b/c except for scavenger hunts and few other things they did together you did not see them much.
If my kids school did not start until labor day we would cruise then so if you don't want many kids I would maybe wait until later.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 07-14-2005, 05:54 PM

Thanks, Cindy. The cruise is already booked, so damn the torpedoes at this point.

I saw a few wacky people on NCL Spirit during Easter break this year, but they didn't bother me. I did notice that there were some Bible group people that were pretty horrified by a group of boozers by the pool. Pretty tame by my standards, however.

There was a review posted for the cruise right after mine (mine was 3/27/04) that described a complete horror show- you should read it just to knock on wood that you weren't on it!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Banned

Carla
We were on the Celebrity century in April which was spring break for the kid's in the northeast.This year the kid's were running wild until 2-3 a.m.I am talking teenagers old enough to know better running up and down the hall's yelling.Normally you don;t have this type of problem on Celebrity ship's, but you do now. So I geuss the point i'm making is that it can happen on any line. The parent's think oh what can happen we are on a ship and turn them loose.I know I DON'T APPRECIATE IT.Then again where is the ship's security?Are they afraid to tell someone to behave? Good luck.Tom
Old 07-15-2005, 03:35 PM

Agreed. On NCL Spirit this spring we ran into some very bad seas (not 70 foot waves, of course, but bad enough). I was loving it and so were the people I had linked up with. Well, after a few hours of thinking about nothing but keeping our drinks steady we attempted to go out on a deck that was closed due to the storm. No sooner had I put my hand on the door than security was right there- and this was at 2am. I then noticed that security was very tight on that ship, and that was probably why it was so nice a cruise. Check out my review (3/27/05) if you like, but definitely go to the one directly after it (http://www.cruisereviews.com/Norwegi...anSpirit15.htm) if you want to see a true horror story. I can't believe it was the same ship, same cruise same security, the next week!
Old 07-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Carnival seems to have pretty good security. There were some rowdy (drunk) adults on the last cruise I took and they were right on top of it.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
break, children, cruise, elation, spring