Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2004, 06:29 PM

Anyone cruising Carnival Legend on Feb. 17, 2004. We are going to Panama, Belize and Costa Rica and would appreciate any info. on shore excursions etc.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:29 PM

Anyone cruising Carnival Legend on Feb. 17, 2004. We are going to Panama, Belize and Costa Rica and would appreciate any info. on shore excursions etc.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:24 AM

Hi Marie, my wife and I are also on that cruise - we can't wait.

We are going to do the snorkelling in Belize - probably with a company called Coral Breezes rather than Carnival. Price is less ($69 pp) and includes lunch. Not sure yet about Costa Rica although I know of a lady arranging a rain forest tour and canopy ride. In Panama I think we are going to tour the canal and check out the shopping at the Free Zone market.

When are you flying down - we are going out of London on the 16th to Detroit then to FLL.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:12 PM

Hi Steve and Cindy
We are flying out of Detroit on Feb 15 and staying in the Ft. Lauderdale area for a couple of days before our cruise. I have been in contact with a Canadian couple who have a web site all about Belize "MayaBelize.ca". She recommends going to Rendezvous key if you want good snorkeling. Is this your first cruise?
Old 02-02-2004, 02:34 PM

Yes it is. I will check out the website - the Coral Breezes trip has us on a waiting list so I will keep my options open. What are you planning for the shore excursions?

I have been chatting with about 10 other couples who are on this cruise at www.cruisecritic.com also so getting lots of great ideas and tips about packing, what to do, what to bring, etc.

I wish now we were leaving on the Sunday also as there is a great market in FLL someone was talking about. Also, a little panicky if one of the storms we have been having blows in and screws up travel arrangements.

Is it just you and your husband going or are you taking kids? Ours are staying here but the other group includes about 10 kids mostly 8 - 14 yo.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:56 PM

Hey Steve and Cindy
That was a prompt reply. Our "kids" are 18 and 22 and no longer want to "party" with the parents!! Go figure!! They are going to take advantage of being "home alone". This will be our 5th Carnival cruise and we've enjoyed every one of them. Do you know what deck your cabin will be on? We booked a "guaranteed" inside cabin and so we don't know where our cabin is located until we get to the pier.
Diane from MayaBelize web site recommends booking the excursion on the ship because she said these trips get first priority off the boat and we could be waiting possibly and hour or two to diembark if we book on our own.
I will check out that web site "cruise critic".
Looking forward to leaving this cold weather behind us and maybe meeting up with you both at the pier or on the ship
Old 02-02-2004, 03:18 PM

LOL, I have been glued to these message boards since I booked the cruise. I am even driving Cindy nuts with the "Cindy, come here and check this out...".

We booked a balcony cabin guarantee so won't know until the day off I guess what cabin we have. I am thinking seriously of booking the snorkelling thru Carnival as the price difference is not that much and it is the only shore excursion we both really want to do.

As it stands now, most of the people we have been messaging at the other site are meeting at 3:30 on the Lido deck for a drink the day we sail. Hopefully yourself and your husband can make it - we are the only Canadians thus far but a real nice mix of people with lots of varied interests.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:58 PM

I visited the "cruise critic" and just spent 30 minutes reading through all those e-mails! Lots of interesting info. Rick and I are looking forward to meeting everyone on the Lido deck. It sounds like a great group of younger couples (we are in our early 40's(me) and mid 40's (hubby) and the last cruise had mostly over 55 crowd. Regarding underwater cameras, it was recommended to make sure we buy one with a flash and make sure you buy this and film in Canada. It's much cheaper.
Type to you soon. Fifteen days and counting!
Old 02-02-2004, 04:09 PM

I bought a kodak underwater - i am not sure if it has a flash though. I got it at walmart for 14 dollars. If it doesn't I will take it back and get one with one.

36 and 37 here and looks like everyone is around the same age group. Did you book early or late seating for dinner?

Time to pull myself away from the message boards and get some food. Looks like another storm coming tonight - 2 weeks cannot go by fast enough.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:55 PM

We booked early seating because we learned through experience that it is sometimes hard to get a seat at the shows after dinner if you have late dinner seating. They often have bingo before the show and everyone from early supper gets a seat first.

Closed Thread

Tags
17, canadians, carnival, cruise, excursion, excursions, feb, february, forum, legend, location, onshore, reviews, shore