Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 PM

I happened to find a dinner menu for 7 night carnival cruise, the dinner menu seems kind of elaborate for kids, do they have a seperate kids menu for kids for dinner.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Yes, Carnival has a kids menu. The usual stuff - hot dog, pizza, chicken strips, burger, etc. But you may be surprised that many kids actually like some of the stuff on the regular menus. Our son (turns 12 in a couple days and has been cruising since he was 20 months old) will get items from the regular menu quite often. Usually this is a steak or pasta dish but sometimes is something he normally doesn't touch. I still remember how he chowed down on the conch fritters on a Celebrity cruise a few years ago.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:08 PM

I would agree with Dave that you might be suprised what they like! My Daughter who is now 17 has been on about 5 cruises and while the kid's stuff is always avaliable, she actually enjoyed many of the other offerings. Either way you will be set in the food department.

RC Viking Serenade 1994
CCL Elation 2000
CCL Ecstasy 2001
CCL Elation 2003
CCL Spirit 2004
CCL Glory 2006

Spirit to Hawaii 4/2007 booked
Old 07-14-2006, 03:36 AM
Administrator

We just got off a Carnival cruise about a week ago, and there was plenty for our son to eat at dinner. Sometimes, he ordered from the kids menu, but occasionally he would try something from the regular menu. And, don't be wary of asking for something special. A couple of evenings, there was an elaborate pasta dish on the menu, and we asked if he could have plain pasta with butter instead -- and they obliged.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:42 AM

Like everyone else said. But I'll add that my daughters quickly learned to start checking the adult menu, picking something to "try" and having an order for a kids menu item as "back-up". The waiters have done this thousands of times and don't seem to mind being ready with that order of chicken strips should they not like the adult meal. Or, sometimes they mix and match with the appetizers and salads with a kids entre.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaP:
We just got off a Carnival cruise about a week ago, and there was plenty for our son to eat at dinner. Sometimes, he ordered from the kids menu, but occasionally he would try something from the regular menu. And, don't be wary of asking for something special. A couple of evenings, there was an elaborate pasta dish on the menu, and we asked if he could have plain pasta with butter instead -- and they obliged.
We've found Carnival's waiters (at least on our cruises) to be quite accomodating too.

So how was the Victory cruise?
Old 07-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
Like everyone else said. But I'll add that my daughters quickly learned to start checking the adult menu, picking something to "try" and having an order for a kids menu item as "back-up".
That is quite common for us too. Jacob ends up with all these plates - one adult plate, another with a hot dog and fries, and another with a kid's pizza. I guess it is out of guilt for wasting food, but after a while if he doesn't touch the adult plate either my wife or I will eat it, or split it.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:27 PM

My boys are experienced cruises now. The first cruise for Jan, he was one and a half years. We took baby food with us. The second cruise, he was nine, his brother five - and naturaly they went with us to the dinner. They selected from the adult menu - and both where happy. For lunch we prefer the buffet, but the dinner we all celebrate every evening. Try it with your children.
Regards
Uwe
Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave56:
So how was the Victory cruise?
Dave, it was a very enjoyable cruise. I loved the ship -- the photographs do not do her justice. The food in the dining room was superb. The presentation wasn't fancy, but it's what's on the plate that counts, IMO. There was one appetizer in particular that was sensational -- the foie gras mousse. Of course, the itinerary never disappoints. (As you know, Halifax and Saint John are my two favorite ports.)

Review is forthcoming.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Lisa,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the Victory cruise. The foie gras sounds like it is part of the new menu Carnival is offering. The other cruise lines need to pay attention. Carnival has definitely set an agenda for upping the ante.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribbeans, carnival, celebrity, childrens, cruise, dinner, eat, kid, kids, meals, menu, menus, pictures, royal, wwwwill