Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 03:57 PM

I have been on Voyager of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas, both of which we loved. Some friends who are new to cruising want us to join them on Carnival's Liberty. There seems to be a lot of experienced cruisers on this post. Will we be disappointed with Carnival?? Do you think the quality of the entertainment and the food are the same?? Cabins bigger or smaller??? Any info will help. As they say, "There are no bad cruises, some are just worst than others....."
Old 05-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Will we be disappointed with Carnival??
No. Carnival and RCI are more alike than they are different.

Quote:
Do you think the quality of the entertainment and the food are the same??
Yes. To my tastes, Carnival is the winner in the buffet and pizza department but RCI has a little bit better in the main dining rooms. Overall, it is a draw.

Quote:
Cabins bigger or smaller???
Carnival's standard cabins are 185 square feet, which is larger than RCI's standard cabins.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:43 PM

We have sailed both and enjoy Carnival more. We like the larger cabins and I think Carnival has a better kids program. We enjoyed our RCI cruise but just have had more fun on Carnival.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-20-2008, 06:15 AM
Now I see these things differently my sister and I both felt like the balcony cabins were smaller especially the balcony itself. On the Freedom of the seas we had 3 big girls in our cabin and still had space on the CCL Liberty it was just my sister and I and there is NO WAY my other sister would have been able to be in that cabin.
Now as far as the pizza it is better than RCCL, I enjoyed RCCL dinning room food more and I enjoyed RCCl buffett food more.

Now will you be disappointed.....NO just go with this in mind ( which I should have ) these are two totally different ships so don't compare ( Like I did ) just enjoy the cruise and find all the good in it.

Again this is just my opinion.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:36 AM

We've sailed on Royal, NCL, Carnival, Costa, HAL, and Princess. They are all different. Like Spiritfilled said, don't compare, just go with the mind set that this will be a new experience. I actually like Carnival's food better, they have a great children's program, and the activities are fun. I don't think you'll be disappointed, if you go with the attitude that it is not going to be the same. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and can let us know how you enjoyed it, when you return!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM

As usual, this board is a big help. I always feel I get good info from the "insiders". My sister had been on Carnival Triumph during "spring break" and had a nightmare experience. It's such a great deal and then we'll stay in town for the Miami/Patriots game in November, can't wait!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 02:58 AM
Enjoy cruising is simply the best

Old 05-23-2008, 06:07 AM

Spring break is "iffy" on any cruise line. Have fun at the game as well!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:55 AM

How can anyone tell you if you'll be disappointed? Everyone has different opinions and you may like Carnival more than Royal Caribbean. As far as comparing Voyager and Freedom class ships to other ships? …it's like comparing a compact car to a SUV. Some people don't like the mega ships…even though they offer ice skating shows, and the popular Promenade deck. A cruise vacation is about having a great time more than about which ship you're on.

Let us know what you think after your cruise with your friends.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:02 AM

I like the wine selection on RCCL but I like the chocolate melting cake on Carnival. Most of my cruises are on RCCL but I am not opposed to taking one or two on Carnival every year. I like the big ships on RCCL but I enjoy the friendly atmosphere of the Holiday. I enjoy my loyalty status perks on RCCL but I also like the Platinum concierge and check-in on Carnival. I like the Newlywed game and talent show on Carnival but I equally enjoy The Quest on RCCL. You really can't go wrong either way.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, compare, cruise, cruising, disappointed, fun, liberty, line, norwegian, rcl, review, reviews, royal, stateroom, versus, vs