Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 AM

Has anyone been on the legend? I am going on the 8-day eastern caribbean cruise to san juan, st. thomas, and tortola on 10/3/06. Any info on the legend and ports would be great. This is my first cruise and I am so excited. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 AM

I hear is an amazing ship. I reccomend skipping Tortola and going to Virgin Gorda from there. First time St. Thomas I would reccomend the on island beaches and shopping, and excursions. However People that feel more comfortable in USVI I would say go to St.John.

I know is weird to read someone suggesting other islands than the Cruise Ship ports in. I can tell you that the most beautiful places in the Carribean are a ferry/boat ride away
Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 AM

I sailed the Legend last Oct., and she is an amazing ship. Absolutely beautiful. Service, food, and cleanliness were wonderful. I would sail this ship again in a heartbeat.

As far as the ports: San Juan, check out the rainforest. St Thomas, Megan's Bay or head over to St John's and snorkel at Trunk Bay.

Hope I was able to somewhat help,

Billy
Old 08-31-2006, 07:53 AM

Thanks island and billy. I have never been to the caribbean before...and I want to know how to make the best of the time I have there. I've heard alittle about virgin gorda...they have some sorta "bath" thing??
Old 09-04-2006, 04:05 PM

Jennifer....If you are going to Tortola, I would suggest you hire a cab to drive you around the BEAUTIFUL island. I have been there twice(Not by cruise) and found it to be the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. I don't know that you will be able to see it all in the short amount of time you are there but the beaches are secluded and gorgeous, the locals are so friendly, You definetly need to see it. Yes, St. John is beautiful, and so is Virgin Gorda but nowhere beats Tortola in my book
Old 09-16-2006, 09:44 AM

Just got back off the legend and have to agree that it is a wonderful ship. Firt 2 days were very rough as we hit the end of the hurricane but the crew was great in handling the calming of some who were nerveous. Went to San Juan and would skip it next time. Found it to be a dirty city and there are police on every corner with bullet proof vest which made me wonder how safe it was. St. Thomas is a beautiful island but very commercialize with every other store being Jewlery stores. By the way do not pay full prices at them. Had a ring for 3000.00 which was abusurbed, but got them down to 600.00 walk out with out buying it and they followed me out and I got it for $500.00. So shop wise. Also too much traffic there. There is a population of 56,000 and 51,000 are taxi drivers. Tortola on the other had was fantastic. Very ethnic island with chickeds, goats and pigs roaming around. Many of the islanders selling there wears in tents which I found to be great. More of a slower place there. Over all the legend was great to us. Kept my busy at all times with all the activities they had from 9 am till midnight. Would definately do it again.

Caribbean Hotel Links

Closed Thread

Tags
day, john, st, trip, usvi