Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 10:18 AM

Going on my first cruise....if flying, is it better to fly in to Orlando and stay at hotel near port or fly into Orlando, stay at airport hotel and take shuttle to the port day of cruise?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:24 AM

We have traveled many of times out of that port. It is about a 45 min drive from the airport. We have stayed in the the hotels right accross from the port. Look up hotels near the port. I can not remember the one we stayed at but they had shuttles to the port every 30 minutes starting at 10 I beleive the cost was 3 per person which is worth it. Just make sure you sign up the night before. we have also stayed at Cocoa beach but I wouldnt recommend it just because there are no shuttles. Also on the way back we got the cruiseline shuttle which cost 25 per person to the airport. we just purchased that on board
Mainier 2004,2005
Majestey 2005
Navigator 2006
Soverign May 2007
Valor Feb 2009
Valor 2010
Old 02-21-2010, 11:25 AM

we stayed at country inns and suites, very nice hotel. they offer shuttle to the port which is almost right across the bridge to the port for 4 bucks. we went to priceline and got a very very good price.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by macmom111:
we stayed at country inns and suites, very nice hotel. they offer shuttle to the port which is almost right across the bridge to the port for 4 bucks. we went to priceline and got a very very good price.
There are also good taxi and limo services from Orlando. You need 4 or more for it to be cost effective. We used Orlando Taxi and were very satisfied, man's name was Marti. The Glory was late returning and he was one of the few taxi services who stayed to pick us up. I reccommnd him. You can find him on the web.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:56 PM

Jode, I live right here and have cruised out of Port Canaveral many times. You best option is to come here the night before,get a hotel right at the port(you have many choices), get up in the morning rested and refreshed and get on the hotel shuttle to the ship. If you were driving down,most of the hotels in this area will allow you to leave your car there while your on the cruise and still shuttle you to and from the ship. Hope this helps and enjoy your first cruise....it's a blast!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:04 PM

Hi kentuckyjode, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

You will also find a lot of useful information in the Embarkation ports and Hotels section located here.

Dwayne
Old 02-22-2010, 04:08 PM

space shuttle
Jul.07, March08....
Ecstasy March, 2010
Old 02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Banned

Port Canaveral is one of my FAVORITE ports!!!

Some people flying in, rent a car ... leave it at the port (the car rental takes you to the ship) and then rents a car back (the car rental will pick you up at the port).

Or Cocoa Beach Shuttles (who we have also used) is also very good to get from Orlando to PC and back.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Port Canaveral is one of my FAVORITE ports!!!

Mine too! I guess because I've been there so many times and it is so easy to get to. If I was going to fly in the day before, I'd opt to go ahead and get transportation to the Port area and stay there. That way you can probably get on the ship earlier and spare some hassle the day of the cruise.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, airports, bestway, canaveral, canaverl, carnivel, close, cruise, cruising, fly, flying, orlando, port, travel, ways