Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Our next cruise will be to the caribbean and we have never been. So, I'm sure the entire region is beautiful. I'm just curious if anyone has any personal favorites?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Our next cruise will be to the caribbean and we have never been. So, I'm sure the entire region is beautiful. I'm just curious if anyone has any personal favorites?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:49 AM

I mean favorite ports...
Old 07-06-2006, 12:20 PM

Tortolla, St. John (which you ferry to from St. Thomas), Dominica, Bon Aire, Barbados, and Grenada. These are mainly because of the snorkeling there. If you like snorkeling, Dominica is a must--the Champagne beach snorkel. In Barbados, the Tiami sail/snorkel is awesome. St. John-Trunk Bay hands down. Tortolla we did two excellent sail/snorkels-one was off of Norman Island, one was close to Norman Island. Bon Aire we did a sail/snorkel through Princess, but the catamaran was a family owned business. The cat was beautiful and the captain (owner) and first mate (brother) were excellent hosts. Grenada not only had great snorkeling, but the rain forest was beautiful. Since it is the spice island-the aroma was wonderful. The Grand Anse beach is nearly as picture perfect as Trunk Bay. I've done 16 Caribbean cruises, 2 more this year (Lord willing and the creek don't rise). It seems like you can never get to all the islands and at least one becomes a favorite. If you've never been to the Caribbean, you are in for a huge treat. The waters are magnificent. On Tortolla, there is a restaurant/bar on top of a mountain that overlooks the ocean. You can see where the Atlantic and the Caribbean meet. It honestly looks like a line on a map because of the difference in the colors of the ocean. The Atlantic is a deep royal blue and the Caribbean is more of an azure blue. It is breathtaking. The water in Trunk Bay, is warm, crystal clear, and a beautiful shade of aqua. Snorkeling or diving is truly amazing. The water is so clear it looks like you're in 10 feet of water when you are in water 50 feet deep or more. I hope the weather will treat you right when you are there. If you have questions on a specific port, please let me know, I may be able to help. Have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:46 PM

Thanks, Penny.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:54 AM

That is a hard thing to decide, but I think my favorite would be St.Thomas. The water is beautiful, and the mountains too. I can go to Magen's for the beach or ride over to Red Hook and catch the ferry to St.John and go to Trunk Bay. And I am still in the USA!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:39 AM

While I was in the U.S. Navy, I really enjoyed St. Maarten (2 "a's", not 1). Truthfully, it's all good. Anywhere that you can swim with stingrays and dolphins get extra points.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-07-2006, 07:12 AM
Banned

Well, really this is Mexico, but it is classified as the "Western Caribbean" so I will place my vote....Cozumel.

I love to just sit on the beach and walk through the town and look at all the shops. I feel safe doing that in Cozumel.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, favorite, ports