Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 05:31 AM

I am looking to book a cruise in Apr 09 and the Liberty and Triumph are both going to the eastern carribean.I know the Liberty is a little larger, but can anyone share their opinion on which one may be the better ship?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 AM

Yes, the Liberty is a larger ship. The Triumph and its sister ship Victory have less buffet lines which can make going to the buffet a bit of a long line nightmare.

If I had a choice I would go with the Liberty assuming everything else is equal (ports and cost) But the differences in the ships are not so great as to offset a major difference in cost or itinerary.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
Yes, the Liberty is a larger ship. The Triumph and its sister ship Victory have less buffet lines which can make going to the buffet a bit of a long line nightmare.

If I had a choice I would go with the Liberty assuming everything else is equal (ports and cost) But the differences in the ships are not so great as to offset a major difference in cost or itinerary.
I've cruised on both and loved both of them. But more importantly my daughter has worked on both as a dancer. She much prefers the Triumph. I do not have any specifics, but I think there is a tradition on the Triumph that has run the test of time. Cast and Crew return, re-sign and otherwise have some loyality that she hasn't seen on other ships. She gets high evaluations, is a qualified Life boat captain, has served as the Dance Captain, is degreed in Dance and has 5 years with the company and while she can not write her own ticket for any ship she wants, she is close to the top of the pecking order, and this is now her 3rd contract on the Triumph.

However if the ports on the Liberty are what you want, or the cabin you want is available I still put those ahead of the intangeables.

BTW Triumph has the newest stage show "Big Easy" I don't think that is playing on the Liberty. Triumph has a great magic show with Kevin and Caruso. But Liberty has the BIG movie screen, I don't think that is on the Triumph. Hope all this helps
Old 11-11-2008, 11:55 AM

Hi wildstang65, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I've read good reviews for both ships. The Triumph does seem to have a loyal following of crew and guests. As CruiseDad mentioned about the crew also. It would be a toss up for me, but I might lean toward the Triumph since I haven't been on that class of ship. They did add the Seaside Theater (big movie screen) during last month's drydock. Decisions-Decisions-Decisions! I sure love when being faced with these kind.

Good luck, and welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 11-11-2008, 05:39 PM

Did they put in the water park on the triumph?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Did they put in the water park on the triumph?
No. Only the Fantasy Class ships are getting the WaterWorks. It will be included on the Carnival Dream though.

Dwayne
Old 11-26-2008, 10:09 AM

We have sailed on the Triumph twice and like that vessel very much...I would refer to it as "intimate", in a good way.
Hobbs

Closed Thread

Tags
big, carnival, compared, difference, dream, itinerary, liberty, order, pecking, reviews, ship, ships, triumph, versus, victory, vs