Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2002, 07:48 PM

With reluctance I have booked a cruise on the Spirit. I have read a few reviews indicating they never open the large slide.Since my son agreed to forgo christmas at home in hopes riding this slide I would like to know if anyone has actually sailed the spirit and made use of this slide or if its just a decoration.Also any information about camp carnival would be helpful.

[This message was edited by popeye on November 13, 2002 at 08:25 PM.]
Old 11-13-2002, 07:48 PM

With reluctance I have booked a cruise on the Spirit. I have read a few reviews indicating they never open the large slide.Since my son agreed to forgo christmas at home in hopes riding this slide I would like to know if anyone has actually sailed the spirit and made use of this slide or if its just a decoration.Also any information about camp carnival would be helpful.

[This message was edited by popeye on November 13, 2002 at 08:25 PM.]
Old 11-14-2002, 06:23 AM

[quote]Originally posted by popeye:
With reluctance I have booked a cruise on the Spirit. QUOTE]

Why the reluctance? I am booked on the Spirit in January and from most of what I read it sounds like on the Carnival's better ships. Is there something I should be reluctant about also?
Old 11-14-2002, 06:24 AM

What dates were you reading reviews from. I do understand they did not open the water slide while the Spirit was cruising Alaska. I would think now that it has moved south that the slide would now be open.

I hope someone else can answer speciffically if the slide is open now.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:09 AM

My family sailed the Spirit in Alaska in June this year. The water slide was not something that interested us, so I don't remember about it being open or not. However, our weather was cold and rainy/misty the entire week. Noone used the Lido deck very much at all because of the bad weather.
The Spirit is a beautiful ship, we had a great 3rd cruise experience. You should have no reluctance sailing the Carnival Spirit!
Old 11-15-2002, 12:28 PM

I was on the Spirit last year in December. The slide was not open because they were waiting for a part that was supposed to be there by the end of December (2001). Apparently it was possible that someone could flip over the side of it and land somewhere in the ocean (not a good thing). I am booked on the Legend this month and since it is the same type of ship I hope the slide is open on that one.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:58 AM

We sailed the Spirit 2/15/02 and the slide was open. I went down once, hit my head, hit my bad ankle, drank a ton of water, and never laughed so hard. I had a blast. But only went once.

Enjoy

Only 40 days till we sail the Legend

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, carnival, cold, cruise, line, open, slide, spirit, spirt, stay, water, waterslide, waterslides, wateslide