Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Can someone tell me the dinner and show times on the Valor? You would think I could find this out from our TA but not so. They said there are two early seatings and two late seatings. We are booked for the 8pm seating but I have heard people say that due to the time of their dinner they were unable to make either the early or late show. If the shows are at 7 and 9pm this would make sense since dinner usually lasts about 90 minutes. I need to know if we need to change to the 8:30 seating.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:24 PM

SanDee
The show times are something that can change depending on the ports of call,the time the ship is in port, and the type of entertainment planned for the evening. Generally, there are two shows. The early show is for the late diners, and the late show is for the early diners. I have never had a cruise where I would have missed a show because I was eating. On a night where there might only be one show; it is usually very late like 10:30, so both dinner seatings can be accommodated.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:44 AM

Cruise Fanatic, I have always thought the opposite. I thought the early show was for early seatings, and the late show for late seatings.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Cruise Fanatic, I have always thought the opposite. I thought the early show was for early seatings, and the late show for late seatings.
The early show is usually scheduled for the same general time as early seating people are getting their entrees served. At least that is my recollection. The idea is for late seating people to be able to go right from the show to the dining room, and vice versa for the early seating people.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:38 AM

I humbly dis-agree. The Showtimes in the Capers always say Early Show for Early Seating, and the Late Show for Late Seating.

It is usually 8:30ish and 10:30. Also there would be no way that someone could go to an Early show and have an Early Seating for Dinner after seeing a show
Old 07-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Administrator

From the March 21, 2007, Carnival Capers (Holiday)....which I am looking at as I type this...

"7:00pm SHOWTIME (late seating)...Americana Lounge"

"8:45pm SHOWTIME (early seating)...American Lounge"
Old 07-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Administrator

And here is another example, from the Capers for a western run of the Conquest.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Also there would be no way that someone could go to an Early show and have an Early Seating for Dinner after seeing a show
I have no idea what you are saying.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Dave, With a 7 and 8:45 showtime does that mean with an 8pm dinner there is time to see the 7pm show without leaving during the show? I thought the show lasted more than an hr. I know the diningrooms frown on late arrivers. On RCCL we only had 2 dinner times and not 4. The first on the Vision of the Seas we chose the late dinner. The first night they only offered one show and it was at 8pm so the late diners missed it. I hope they have changed that.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Administrator

A show rarely is over one hour in length and usually just a tad under one hour. The dining rooms know when the shows get out and plan accordingly.

My experience has been that when there is only one show it has been 10pm or later. Having a solo show at 8pm is very strange and frankly inexcusable. On the Liberty last month, the nights with solo shows had them at 10:30pm as I recall.

Closed Thread

Tags
brain, carinvals, carnival, cheers, cliffs, cruise, dining, early, evening, late, line, quote, revews, seating, show, time, times, valor