Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Administrator

I think I read about Carnival putting some people on another ship after they missed theirs. I think it was at Nassau last year. I'm sure they wouldn't have done it unless they happened to have vacant cabins. I'm going to search for that story.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
The Valor was with us both days. If someone were to miss either ship, could/would Carnival accomondate them on the other ship in order to re-join the cruise?
I'm just guessing here that it would depend on a lot of factors. I'm pretty sure if they had room and could do it they would. I sure wouldn't count on it though.

Get Back To The Ship On Time!

Dwayne
Old 04-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I bring a credit card in case of emergency but also you should bring the Fun Times, it always lists the Carnvial Agent at that port in case you miss the ship. You report to them and make what arrangements you can to reunite with the ship. So bring the Fun Times with you always. The credit card is to buy the small plane fare to the next port.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 PM

That's a GREAT suggestion CruiseDad. One that I should always follow, but sometimes don't.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
So bring the Fun Times with you always.
Great suggestion! I see you made the transition from the Capers to Fun Times. I know I'm going to be calling it the Capers for at least a few more cruises.

Dwayne
Old 04-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Another reason to be careful booking excursions on your own....I pay the extra few bucks and book thru the ship....great insurance policy...we left a newly wed couple standing on the dock in St. Martaan off the Oasis...they had to spend the night, fly to Nassau and wait a day for the Oasis to dock there....BIG BUCKS...Get back to the ship on time...

Bob E
Old 04-22-2010, 12:20 PM
From the video, it appears that one of the passengers getting on board had a small suitcase - maybe it was a staff member or even one of the entertainers who just flew in to join the ship whose flight was late. That may have helped the others who were late.

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:34 PM

We were on the NCL Jewel in Feb. at Grand Cayman and we left several in port. We were on the Valor in December in Belize and left several pax. Probably the same type that is always late for work and all appointments. I do not feel sorry for them.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Yes, I can't help but feel sorry for them, too. My wife and I are meticulous about being on time and I think people who are constantly late are rude and inconsiderate, but you know when you are cruising and visiting a beautiful island, time can definitely get away from you. I pray it never happens to us!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:36 PM

I had a scare on Roatan like this once. I went with a group of divers on a private excursion to a dive resort. We got back late and had to run to the gangway. I don't want to ever do that again!

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, join, late, ship, tour