Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:43 AM

I also recommend using a credit card when traveling for the reasons Neil noted. I use a credit card to secure my account, and then pay cash on it sometimes. I have caught a few discrepancies on my final statement before. Luckily, I caught them before disembarking. Once, I was charged twice for a Fossil watch!

The point being, whether you are going to use cash or credit card, make sure to keep up with your account. Check the statement to make sure it is accurate, errors do happen.

Dwayne
Old 06-13-2008, 10:01 AM

I can't tell you how many times I've had people call with disputes over billing but it has been many over the years. Some with the cruiselines, some with cruiseline or outside excursion vendors, some with faulty or fake merchandise purchased at port. There are just too many different senarios to count. For the sake of this not becoming a book instead of a post I won't recount details of the many circumstances. It's safe to say having a CC and the ability to dispute and have written evidence in the form of a monthly statement has saved many thousands of dollars for just the people that I, one guy, has had personal experience with. Multiply those experiences by the thousands of other agents and cruiseline bookings and you have a substantial amount of money that has been saved by having a way of getting such situations resolved. Most of the time a dispute is not even needed. A simple fax of a copy of the statement showing the error is sufficient. In some cases they stick to their guns and say your statement is wrong because their system shows no overpayment, no error, they're keeping your money regardless of your statement. That's when the CC company can take it back for you against their objections once you prove they're wrong.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
better, card, cards, carnival, cash, credit, cruise, cruises, cruize, debit, give, lost, pay, princess, secure, ship, stopen