Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 04:39 PM

There are 4 of us leaving on 3/19. First timers. Any Info or advice would be helpful.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:29 PM

The first thing I do when I get on the ship is take my carry on luggage to my cabin and then go up to the Lido deck and have lunch. Then I explore the whole ship from top to bottom and find out where all the public areas are. You can get a map of the ship when you get on. If they don't hand you one then check at the information desk. Check out all the options up on the Lido deck for dining. There will be buffets on the inside area and poolside area, also port and starboard sides. They are not identical. For example I just came off the Fascination yesterday. Poolside had the grill items, hamburgers, hotdogs,. Inside port had hot buffet that changed theme daily, ie: French, Italian, American. While the other side hot buffet served a variety of hot dishes and carved meat, and a daily pasta special. On the Conquest you have a nice seafood stand on the upper level of the lido deck restaurant that serves seafood.
Read your Carnival Capers daily, it will give you alot of vital information. Take a highlighter or pen and circle events of interest to you.
Your gratuities are automatically put on your onboard account. You should take lots of ones and small denominations to use for other tipping of baggage, pay for taxis.
Have fun. The Conquest is a beautiful ship.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:16 AM

We just cruised Conquest 1/22-29. The seafood restaurant everyone is talking about is a little hard to find..it is up the stairs from the back part of the Cezanne restaurant on Lido deck. It is not your typical seafood however. The ship is very beautiful and very clean. We had balcony cabin for first time and it was wonderful. Food on the ship in dining room was very good and staff excellent. Lido deck food was acceptable but not outstanding. 6 of us (in 3 cabins) all had wonderful time. 2 couples 1st timers and we were on our 4th cruise.
We did not have any problem with boarding ship around 1 and went directly to cabin to drop off carryon's then to buffet on Lido. Shore trips were handled 2 thru ship and 1 on our own. Jamaica was least favorite trip, however Margaritaville was really fun, food was so so but the swimming from their deck was enjoyed by our group. Did not care for the shopping in the port at all, but did manage to get t shirts and rum cake. Caymans was favorite stop with swimming with the stingrays at top of list. We booked thru Captain Marvins. Shopping here was EXPENSIVE. Cozumel we did a catamarin snorkel tour thru ship and it ran over so it cut into our shopping time. This port is still recovering from the storm, but we did have lots of fun. You will really enjoy your trip on this ship if you just relax and have fun.

Closed Thread