Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 08:17 AM

Hello,
I am a relatively new member to this forum But not new to Carnival.
Now i had traveled in fascination [in 2000 i think] And Back then had become friends with one of the crew members ,But sadly after the end of that journey we had no correspondence.A few months back[March,i Guess]we bumped into each other He told me he would be now be associated with Sensation and he gave me all his contact details,crew id number,E-mail id ...

His birthday falls on September the 1st so i decided to surprise him by sending an ipod shuffle.On August 20th i sent him an ipod shuffle to the below address.[i sent it from Pittsburgh]

His name,
Crew id no,
M/s Sensation,
PO box - 025589
Miami
Florida 33102-5589.

I was hoping he would receive the gift on or before his birthday[September the 1st].I wished him on the 1st via E-mail and he replied back but made no mention about the ipod and since then we have had another conversation in which again he did not mention about receiving any gift from me!!!!.

Now i am beginning to get a bit worried,is it normal for shipping to take this long??!!!Should i just wait,or have i sent it to the wrong address??!!$80 wasted uh??!!
Any advise would be greatly helpful
Old 09-06-2009, 09:50 AM

Hi Ben79, Welcome to Cruise-Chat.

It's been several years since I've sent crew members gifts. If I recall, it usually took 2-3 weeks back then. I used to tape a certain show (I don't recall which one) for some of them and send it.

There are a few CCL crew member forums on Facebook. That might be a better place to ask how long it usually takes currently. We don't have very many members that are crew members here. Why don't you just ask him if he received it via email?

Dwayne
Old 09-06-2009, 01:29 PM

@Dwayne
Thanks for the reply will try facebook next.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:42 PM

You better ask the crew member if it was received. When I mail to my friend, usually send it through the U.S. post office express with a tracking number to assure it's delivery.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruisehappy:
You better ask the crew member if it was received. When I mail to my friend, usually send it through the U.S. post office express with a tracking number to assure it's delivery.
My daughter has been crew now for 7 years and we have sent many packages. 2-3 weeks has not been uncommon for her to get it and we always verify. One package from Cookies by Design never did arrive. Check what day the Sensation is in her home port, if three of those have passed since you mailed it then check with your friend.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Hi Ben79, Welcome to Cruise-Chat.

It's been several years since I've sent crew members gifts. If I recall, it usually took 2-3 weeks back then. I used to tape a certain show (I don't recall which one) for some of them and send it.

There are a few CCL crew member forums on Facebook. That might be a better place to ask how long it usually takes currently. We don't have very many members that are crew members here. Why don't you just ask him if he received it via email?

Dwayne
My daughter and her finance have facebook pages, they are curretnly on the Glory but have sailed so much they know lots of other crew. An appeal on facebook could easily turn up a sensation crew member.

Closed Thread

Tags
025589, 331025589, box, carnival, fl, miami, ms, phone, po, sensation