Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 10:45 PM

My husband and I are not really wine drinkers but, we would like to have a drink with our formal night dinner. Last time on the boat we ordered a bottle of white wine with dinner. I can not remember the name. It was way too strong for us.
I was wondering if anyone could help me choose a nice wine for dinner. I just want something kind of light. We ate a lot of steak and chicken last time on the ship. (I donít know if that matters.)
Thanks for any help!
I'm posting this to Carnival, because I am going on a Carnival ship. I hope that is ok. I wasn't sure if certain cruise lines had certain types of wine. Like I said, I'm not much of a drinker.
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-17-2008, 08:08 AM
The maitre d' should be able to make a good suggestion if you tell him what you are looking for.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 02-17-2008, 11:55 AM
I would be curious to know what type of white wine you found "way too strong".

You might try a bottle of Asti Spumante; even people that don't like wine like Asti; it's like champagne but just slightly sweet, and very festive.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:51 PM

If you are not really wine drinkers I would go with a white zinfendel or some kind of blush wine. They are usually a little sweeter and will go with just about anything.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
we ordered a bottle of white wine with dinner.
You probably had a Chardonnay, which tend to have more alcohol than other whites. Usually the lower the alcohol content of wine, the sweeter it will be although Pinot Gris can sometimes be an exception (at least to my palate).

Ask for a lower alcohol content white and you should find something more to your liking. And as previously suggested, getting a bottle of Asti (champagne, really although they can't call it that) never fails. It is sweet, delicious, and festive.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM

CCL no longer sells Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante so you will have to find something else such as the Lenoardi Asti which is sweet but leaves an after taste or Brut which is drier. If you are looking for a light sweet white wine, try the Piesporter. I think CCL has a wine bar where you can try three wines for one price you may want to try a glass before deciding on your wine.

No matter if it's red or white just be sure to enjoy it and have a good time during your cruise.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:03 AM

Just bring your favorite bottle of wine on board. You're allowed 1 bottle per person. We brought on board a double-magnum of Caymus last time. Outstanding!!!

And if you do order a bottle on formal night, just make sure your meals are similar in taste or one of yall won't have a great dinner.

Closed Thread

Tags
bottle, carnival, cruise, dinner, lines, wine