Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 11:50 AM

My boyfriend just purchased a diamond ring on board the Carnival Cruise ship in the gift shop. It's a beautiful ring. I did a search to find a picture to match it because I can't take a picture of it that does it justice to send to my friend. In my search, I found a lot of complaints regarding Diamonds International who is recommended by Carnival. However, the stores mentioned in the complaints are typically at the different ports rather than on the ship. So who is the jeweler ON the ship? I'm starting to worry whether or not he got ripped off and am considering having an appraisal done. On the other hand, it is lovely, and maybe I should just enjoy it... ignorance is bliss they say. But if the ship IS ripping people off, something needs to be said.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Banned

Not to worry.

The stores on the ship offer a one year full refund...even for buyer's remorse. They would not do that if they were ripping people off.

The name of the company that owns the ship stores is:

Starboard Cruise Services
Customer Service Department
8034 N. W. 14th Street
Miami, Fl. 33126
1-800-540-4785

We had to return a watch that had a minute hand that broke after 9 months and they gave us a full refund...no questions asked. It was a Fossil watch.

If an appraisal will make you feel better and it has not been a year since the jewelry was purchased...you can always return it. Just make sure you keep the receipt.

Diamonds International is a huge chain of stores. I have dealt with them for years and made 3 purchases. I go into their stores many times a year and I have only been lied to one time.

What happens is that people go in there and don't know what they are buying or the US prices before you go. You do need to be an informed consumer.

DI does not offer Buyer's Remorse...but the ship's stores do!!

Enjoy your jewelry!!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:56 PM

Hi prgrl36, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

LHP's info and advice is spot on. Just wanted to chime in and say I have never had any problems returning jewelry on the ships.

Dwayne
Old 02-27-2008, 08:26 AM

Thanks for your response! I just got in a bit of a panic. I was simply trying to find a picture of my ring so I can show it off to friends and saw all these warnings and complaints. I want to just enjoy my jewelry. It's absolutely gorgeous! I don't intend to return it at all... unless I find out there is a problem with it. I don't feel as worried now. Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, complaint, complaints, cruise, jeweler, jewelry, job, jobs, lines, miami, onboard, problems, purchases, sells, starboard