Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 06:14 AM

Who's joining me on the Inspiration? I'll be on the Lido deck dressed in pink with a pink hat. Come over and say "Happy Birthday!"
Old 03-02-2007, 09:39 PM

cruise happy... have you ever been on the inspiration before?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:00 AM

It's been a long time since I've been on the Inspiration. I heard it was updated. It leaves out of Tampa and that's a plus because I'm tired of Miami. It's an older ship but that fine with me.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:51 PM

I'm on the Inspiration leaving Tampa on the 17th of March. I am Puerto Rican traveling with my Pinay (Philippines) wife, 17 year old daughter and 10 year old son. Since I speak Spanish, I plan on either renting a vehicle in Mexico or hiring a driver to go to Cancun, searching for others interested? (Ed)
Old 03-07-2007, 08:01 AM

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the open invitation! I have never been to Calica so I'm going to take a ship's tour. Hope to meet you and your family on the Lido Deck.

Cruisehappy
Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM

There is nothing in Calica! It's just an area big enough for a cruise ship to get in! A few vendors are set up with their overpriced stuff.There are also booths set up to rent a car.I had previously reserved a jeep prior to the cruise.It was a good thing, as it was raining cats and dogs,nowhere to get out of the rain. We paid asap and they brought our jeep to us. Everyone else was getting wet wondering how we got waited on so fast. The name of the company is (ace car rental..)I reserved it on line,$65.00 for the day, a jeep...It's an hout drive to Cancun from Calica. If you don't know where you are going I would reccommend you plan your trip before you go. Without saying you are going to see horrible, deplorable, living conditions of the people that live there. We stopped to eat in town, luckily I speak some Spanish as NOBODY spoke english, and seemed annoyed that we asked them if they did....We stopped to eat, the food was horrible and they played American rap music on the radio for our entertainment. I was hoping for good Mexican food and music. Not...Then (my husband driving) We got lost for three hours...We went with no map no plan, bad choice, he figured we would start at Cancun and work our way back to Calica..As it went we got back to the boat with 16 minutes to spare..i was so muffed that I didn't get any souvenirs.(Except their grocery stores sell alcohol..Kahlua was a little over $8.00 for a big bottle.. The best part of the day....Oh, the folks who live there don'y have any rules for the road.No lines to designate lanes, people will walk out in front of you, there is a constant sound of cars honking at each othere,my husband thought that was fun..Please plan your trip and don't make the same mistake we did...
Old 03-07-2007, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the info! If I decide to get off the ship, I surely will do a cruise ship tour. I heard they have a bus that goes to Cancun for shopping. But then again, I don't know what would be worth buying except for the Kahalua.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:17 PM

I'm stuck in Boston. The Nor'easter is killing the flights. My flight for tomorrow is cancelled so I don't think I'll be on the Inspiration March 17th. I'm waiting to hear from my travel agent with some kind of good news.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:52 AM

Sorry to hear that....what WAS your cabin? (maybe I can ask for an upgrade,
Old 03-18-2007, 07:19 AM

I'll be boarding the Inspiration Monday in Grand Cayman. I will receive credit for the two missed days. I will not be giving away my cabin. I don't think my waiter "friend" who will be joining me would appreciate it.

Closed Thread

Tags
17, call, carnival, cruise, inspiration, march, roll, ship