Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2006, 07:53 AM

Just wondering if anyone has had any exp. with there Sprint coverage in San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica and also Aruba. I was going to call to get the international coverage, but before I do wanted to make sure if it would work. If not, any suggestions on how to keep in touch with my family other than email and calling from the boat...
Old 02-15-2006, 09:52 AM

I can vouch that the calls from the ship are EXPENSIVE .. I had to call home on our cruise on Conquest as I left the reservation for a personal booked tour in my car at the port. I "talked" to my daughter for 11 minutes just getting the reservation number and the address of where we were to meet the tour. The call cost me $97.50!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:22 AM

POSTCARDS, baby!

One of the reasons I'm taking this cruise is so that I will be out of cell phone/internet contact. That's relaxation!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:38 PM

Also, if you are planning on using your cell phone, I'd ask Sprint if they have had any trouble with their phones being cloned in that area. I handled cell phones for my company, and the guys going thru Mexico, would almost always wind up having their phones cloned while there.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:01 AM

does anyone know if there are international phone cards that would apply in the southern caribbean?
we've bought generic ones before that never worked. I didn't know if there was a special one you could purchase that would apply to caribbean calls.
thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
carebian, caribbean, cell, coverage, cruise, cruises, juan, mobile, norwegian, royal, san, service, south, southern, sprint