Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Shore Excursion Question (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/16614-shore-excursion-question.html)

Rita Williams 04-29-2007 02:12 PM

We are booked on a Carnival Cruise Line Glacier Bay cruise this year. This is our very first cruise. If I look at their website and click for the info on the Glacier Bay cruise, a shore excursion called Ultimate Yukon & White Pass Rail (out of Skagway) is offered & described. However, when I go into our cruise profile to book this shore excursion out of Skagway, it's not available to book. I don't understand this.

There's another shore excursion out of Skagway called Yukon Scenic Drive that interests me also. This one is available to book, but I don't know whether to wait to see if the other one does finally become available for booking or to just go ahead & book the one that is available

Can anyone tell me about either one of these excursions? This first time cruiser appreciates tips!

mschas

Rita Williams 04-29-2007 02:12 PM

We are booked on a Carnival Cruise Line Glacier Bay cruise this year. This is our very first cruise. If I look at their website and click for the info on the Glacier Bay cruise, a shore excursion called Ultimate Yukon & White Pass Rail (out of Skagway) is offered & described. However, when I go into our cruise profile to book this shore excursion out of Skagway, it's not available to book. I don't understand this.

There's another shore excursion out of Skagway called Yukon Scenic Drive that interests me also. This one is available to book, but I don't know whether to wait to see if the other one does finally become available for booking or to just go ahead & book the one that is available

Can anyone tell me about either one of these excursions? This first time cruiser appreciates tips!

mschas

TrvlPro 04-29-2007 02:23 PM

Can't tell you specifics about either but excursions do sell out and that may be the case with the one you preferred. You may find that at some point it will become available again, they sometimes have the ability to add another bus if demand is still high. The problem with waiting to see is the other choice may also fill up while you wait. Call the cruise line and see if there is a waitlist available for choice 1. Also find out about if you book the second can you cancel without penalty if the first does in fact open. If so book the second and add your self to the first.

Cheers, Neil

cousins 04-29-2007 04:37 PM

Go on line and see if you can contact Yukon and White Pass Rail directly and make your own reservations. We flew to Alaska and drove the sights ourselves for two weeks. In many places we were with cruisers, but we booked all our own tickets for two weeks and I'm sure paid a fraction of the cost.