Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2006, 10:52 AM

What is a sail and sign card?
We are cruising on the Triumph/Western Caribbean in June, any tips?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:57 AM

thats when u sign for everythin. like when u order a drink/buy something in the gift shops or anything. it is pretty much a cruise credit card. also thats you key to your room and you use it to get on and off the ship.
and also the western carbbean is a blast that is teh one we went on last year. you have to do the waterfalls in ocho rios! it is a blast!!!! its called the dunns rivers falls if you are interested!

[/url]
Old 03-19-2006, 11:03 AM

Thank you, did you do the ship's excursions?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:10 AM

yes we did the grand cayman highlights tour; the dunns river falls waterfall climbing! and both of those were a blast

[/url]
Old 03-20-2006, 07:40 AM

Be careful when putting money on your sign and sail card. If you use a debit or credit card, they will put a hold on your card for the same amount you put on it. For example, if you initially put a deposit down for $400 (or whatever you plan on spending), they will place a separate hold of $400 on your credit/debit card for their own security, which you cannot touch. So, in other words, if you're bringing a debit card with only so much money in your bank account, you may be limited to what you can spend. However, if you have a credit card with a huge credit line, then go for it!!! I opted to put cash on my card. It ended up being very easy and whatever you don't spend, they'll issue you a check for the morning you leave the ship for good. Have a great time!!!

Caribbean Travel Guide
Old 03-20-2006, 08:45 AM

Don't mean to be telling you something you may already know. You cannot use cash on the ship. You HAVE to use the Sign and Sail card to purchase drinks etc.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:29 AM

I will be traveling with my teen age dauther will I need to give 2 deposits or can I just give one?
Old 03-20-2006, 10:47 AM

Just one card or one deposit.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:49 AM

Everyone gets a card. Even the kids; it's the room key and ship identification as well. You can also choose whether to allow the kids to use the card for purchases or not.

Procedures may have changes since I was on Carnival, but I used a debit card and it wasn't charged until the last night. Same with a NCL cruise I just returned from. They didn't place a hold on my account that I know of in advance.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:53 PM

The last time we cruised we were also allowed to put a small amount on my teenagers card in case she wanted something and we were not around. She did not have access to the money on our card but did have a little spending money for her own use on hers in case she wanted something in the gift shop ect.. I hope this helps. Have fun on your cruise, I can't wait for mine!

Closed Thread

Tags
card, carnival, credit, cruise, cruises, debit, deposit, farnival, money, pictures, put, red, sail, ship, sign