Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 AM

This was my first time to book a cruise. I booked through one of the large vacation sites on the web. I booked with this particular TA because I thought he was nice....well I guess I was wrong. Everything was fine until the priced dropped and I emailed him about it. He was not very nice about it and said that the price I paid was locked in. Anywho, I've learned my lesson and will be booking with Carnival directly in the future.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:19 AM

I ALWAYS book through Carnival and here's the main reason why...if the cruise goes DOWN in price, and you paid more than what it's is NOW selling for, they will give you the difference in shipboard credit. No other cruise line does that...and Carnival will NOT do it if you booked through an agent. Just a thought. I know I sound like a walking billboard for Carnival; and I know there are better cruise lines. But Carnival has just won me over with their consistancy and their passenger friendly attitude. They didn't get to be #1 by accident.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:59 AM

I had originally got a quote directly from Carnival which was a GREAT deal. But DH and I decided we wanted to go with a local travel agent so we could set up a good relationship and could make payments directly. I don't know all the ins and outs of the travel business...cut she contacted Carnival directly...gave me a BETTER price than originally quoted the day before and is always there for me. They honored each others deals.

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM

PA Steve Rocky Mount,
I have a carnival cruise booked in July. We booked the cruise through a Carnival personal vacation planner. I noticed on their website that the price of the cruise had decreased by about fifty dollars since we have booked it. I did not know about Carnival giving the difference in cruise price back in shipboard credit. Could you tell me a liitle bit more about this process and who I should contact. Thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Banned

daisy
All you have to do is contact the planner that you used to book your cruise and he or she will take care of it for you, no problem.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:58 PM

Royal Caribbean also will give you credit. A good Travel agent will help you get a credit too.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM

Cruise Fanatic Moderator- Thank you for your advice as it was well recieved. It appears as though you have a weath of experience in the travel industry and I appreciate you feedback very much!

F-Mattox-

Sorry to hear you were "troubled" by my statement. Certainly did not intend to cause you any distress over my interest in working in the travel industry part time.

Cruising is my passion and I enjoy helping others(Friends & Family) book their cruises. I enjoy learning about new ships, itineraries, activities,etc. Why shouldn't I represent the cruise industry well in my free time and help others discover the joy in cruising? I'm not looking to take anything away from those who work full time in this exciting industry. I'm not looking to get rich! Just looking to expand on my passion and make it a hobbie.

Passing judgement and implying my attitude is "cavalier" was immature. Re-read my post and you will discover that I never said that cruising isn't a "demanding occupation". In fact, my mother owned a travel agency for many years (1986-1995) giving me full perspective on how competitive and challenging the industry is. My post was only intended to get feedback on how passengers are booking their cruises so I can make an educated decision to purchase/or not purchase a franchise.

Thanks- Louis
Old 04-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Hello llev80, after re-reading this thread I admit I was too quick to judge you and I apologize. Your last post shows you do have a handle on what you are getting into, especially with family already in the business. Your first post came across, at least to me as, "this looks like fun--I think I'll try this"; which even if it was your thinking, so what--it's really none of my business.

I know what a demanding business it is (not first hand) and it just seemed like a slap at the people who work so hard to make our vacations effortless. But you sound like that is exactly what you want to do, so again, I'm sorry for being so quick to make assumptions about you that are not true.

Best regards.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 PM

Thanks f-mattox...I appreciate your kind response!!! Happy cruising -
Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 AM

Hi Louis, I also want to say I did not mean to discourage you. I have limited exposure as not being a full time cruise agent, and only with CCL. But I have never regretted my affiliaton with them. I book friends, family, co-workers, and an occaisional group. I usually make enough to pay for my cruise. It can be fun and rewarding in that context.

I know someone on here that is part of something like a franchise or consortium. PM me if you would like their contact info., they are really nice and helpful.

Also, if you would have put this up as a poll in the general chat section, I would not mind to see those results as well. It is interesting.

Best to you,

Closed Thread

Tags
agency, agent, book, carnival, commissioned, cruise, directly, discount, franchise, im, imagination, line, military, orbitz, travel