Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 04:29 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm considering purchasing a cruise franchise. There are many options to consider but I'm not sure that any of them are the right opportunity.

I have always shopped around when pricing my cruises but at the end of the day I've booked all of them directly through Carnival. Even if I found better pricing else where, Carnival has always matched the price.

How do you book your cruise? Do you use a Travel Agent/VP, Franchise such as Crusie Planners, or an internet site such as Orbitz?

Im a full time Commercial Insurance Agent but my passion is cruising. I see a cruise franchise as a part time opportunity to have a little fun.

Please, let me know your thoughts! Maybe you own a franchise or have in the past and can give me your perspective. Thank you very much!

Louis
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
As of late I have been booking through Carnival.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I book directly from carnival you can get better prices that way
Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 PM

I have a travel agent that I have been using around 9 years now. Has never given any bad advice.
Legend-2003
Glory-2004
Celebration-2005
Elation-2006
Carnival Conquest-2007

Caribbean Villas
Old 04-10-2007, 08:59 PM

According to the cruise lines own rules it is suppose to be a level playing field. No one should be getting a better price by going direct to the cruise line.

The Travel Industry is a very cut-throat business. There is way too much competition. Not only do you have competition with the cruise lines taking direct bookings, and the big online gorillas; Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia. You also have competition with all the brick and mortar agencies, homebased agents, independents, 800# cruise companies like Cruise Planners, Cruises Only, Cruise Value Center, Vacations to Go, on and on and on. To make it worse, everyone wants to get in on the action and sell travel that shouldn't. Like credit card companies, all the airlines, department stores, Walmart, Costco, and Sam's. Too many people get in the business because they think it will be "fun" or for the "benefits". A true Travel Agent can work long hours, and get very little or nothing in return. A true Travel Agent is dedicated to getting certifications, attending seminars and conferences, doing web-ex training, and continuously reading trade news to stay on top of things. Today's travel industry isn't what it used to be.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Cruise Fanatic,
when I first read llev80's post, I was troubled by his statement, "...a part time opportunity to have a little fun."

While I couldn't put my finger on it exactly, it seemed like a very cavalier attitude toward a very demanding occupation.

Thank you for putting everything in perspective; and for succinctly expressing my rather vague notions.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Amen!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 PM

Amen here too!

I am an agent for CCL only and for what little commission you get is a pain in the ***.

You get yahoo's then no deposit, you get one's that don't make final payment. You get people holding you for their ignorance. Mind you your commission is based on another rate.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:25 AM
Banned

I book directly with Carnival.I use the same personal vacation planner every time.She keeps my DD-214 on file and gives me the best price available.I used T A'S in the past and not one of them informed me of the Milatary discount...
Old 04-11-2007, 06:15 AM

I agree with what Thomas said. I booked directly through Carnival and was given a complete rundown on what was available, price, location, etc.

Regarding the DD-214 discount - I asked a travel agent about that and was told that it was no longer available, which, of course was bull.

Anyway, that discount alone saved me about $600.00 on the cruise price.

Final thoughts...go directly to Carnival..you just can't beat the service!!

Hi Sunny...

Closed Thread

Tags
agency, agent, book, carnival, commissioned, cruise, directly, discount, franchise, im, imagination, line, military, orbitz, travel