Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 03:44 PM

My family and I are trying to decide between 2 trips. We are 4 adults, 5 teens and 2 pre-teens. This is our first cruise and we are trying to decide between the following to take place in August:

Triumph (Miami) - Going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios or
Glory (Port Canaveral) - Going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten).

Can anyone give me their opinions as to the ships and ports. Recommendations, advice, etc. We had originally been scheduled for a 5-day cruise but it has been strongly recommended to take the 7-day trip instead.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:44 PM

My family and I are trying to decide between 2 trips. We are 4 adults, 5 teens and 2 pre-teens. This is our first cruise and we are trying to decide between the following to take place in August:

Triumph (Miami) - Going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios or
Glory (Port Canaveral) - Going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten).

Can anyone give me their opinions as to the ships and ports. Recommendations, advice, etc. We had originally been scheduled for a 5-day cruise but it has been strongly recommended to take the 7-day trip instead.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:41 PM
take the western cruise more to do for the family and the age group, lot of fun activities in jamaica and Cozumel the eastern one is geared more to the older folks swim with the sting rays http://www.captainmarvins.com/ also playa mia http://www.playamia.com/# Dunns falls in oucho rios
Old 04-02-2006, 07:47 AM

We sailed on the Victory in Dec. 05 with my 2 teens 13 & 14, granddaughter 5 and oldest son 25, we did the western caribbean. Ocho Rios is a beautiful port to pull into, you have to do the "sailings to dunns river falls " excursion. You take a 65 ft catamaran. Grand Cayman was nice but very expensive to shop & eat. Cozumel I have not been to since Wilma crushed the Yucatan. When I went there I loved it. I will maybe on our next cruise, try and hit Cozumel. We were supposed to go to Cozumel but wound up in Costa Maya instead. We planned on going to Playa Mia beach. If you go to Playa Mia they have their own website. www.playamia.com You can book directly through them and save a lot of money.

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 04-02-2006, 03:52 PM

Just did the Triumph Western Caribbean and the ports of call were so much more fun than the ones we did on the Inspiration in 2000 in the Eastern Caribbean. With kids there is more to interest them on the Western cruise

Closed Thread

Tags
call, ports, triumph