Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 07:49 AM

Cruising on the imagination and was wondering do cruise lines offer elegant sit down breakfast like they offer dinner. I can imgaine having a nice breakfst with a couple of mimosas served to me during an elegant breakfast. Any thoughts or opinions regarding an elegant sit down breakfast on the cruise?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-08-2006, 08:16 AM

The cruise lines offer sit down breakfast in the dining room with an order off the menu. It is open seating though (different table & waiter every day), versus the assigned seating like dinner (same table, waiter, table mates every night).
Old 04-08-2006, 03:02 PM

I'm sure if you order a mimosa they will be glad to oblige. Come to think of it I think I had a waiter ask once on The Glory if I would like a mimosa when he went through the drink choices for breakfast.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 04-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Breakfasts in the main dining rooms are usually off a menu but the seating is open,there is not likely to be an assigned table/waiter. The plus is that they are always gload to take your drink order along with your meal order! They are very obliging!

Montserrat Villas
Old 04-09-2006, 06:02 AM

While you will be treated to a very nice sit-down breakfast (where you will certainly be able to order mimosas), I am not sure I would classify the experience as ELEGANT.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-09-2006, 06:48 AM

Well, its definetly more elegant then toast and cereal at home. Or even breakfast at Denny's. I find after sightseeing and shows at night etc. it's hard for me to get to the dining room for breakfast. I think I've done it once. But you should try it at least once and see if it's what you expected. Maybe it's something you'll enjoy more then the rest of us. That's the great thing about cruising. Everyone has different things they enjoy. I would NEVER miss the evening meal in the dining room, yet I've read reviews where people never get their as they do lots of sightseeing and would prefer to get something at the buffet, plus they have no desire to get out of the swimming clothes.
First morning of your cruise, YES you should go to the dining room and have your mimosa and see if that's something you want to add to your iternary every day.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:56 PM

Just wondering, what sort of drinks is included on the cruise? when I order a mimosa at breakfast, is that extra cost?

thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Administrator

All alcoholic drinks - except those served at the Captain's Welcome Aboard Party - cost you extra. Same goes for sodas.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:20 PM

ON the past carnival cruises i've been on, you could choose to go to the sit down breakfast in the dining room(and order off the menu) or you can go up to the resturaunt by the pool and get the same food that was on the menu in the dining room through a buffet
Old 04-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by roxysrfr731:
ON the past carnival cruises i've been on, you could choose to go to the sit down breakfast in the dining room(and order off the menu) or you can go up to the resturaunt by the pool and get the same food that was on the menu in the dining room through a buffet
Well, you can get most of the same items at the buffet but not all of them. For instance you cannot get Eggs Benedict at the buffet, or any poached eggs for that matter. Also, the buffet alternates pancakes and french toast and you may not see both of them at the same time.

I have found that going to the main dining rooms for breakfast is actually faster and less of a hassle than going to the buffet. But then I get up early and can avail myself of this choice.

Closed Thread

Tags
breakfast, buffet, carnival, cruise, elegant, glory, hours, ideas, march, meal, menu, order, room, sit, sitdown