Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 AM

I read elsewhere that "Completed Docs" turned into "Incomplete Docs" overnight and I raced to Carnival's website to check. Sure enough mine had changed. It seems Carnival wants cruisers to fill out the Sign & Sail card before you leave on vacation. You must also read and sign acceptance to complete the transaction. If you are leaving soon as I am, be sure to double check your status
Old 01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by marylb:
I read elsewhere that "Completed Docs" turned into "Incomplete Docs" overnight and I raced to Carnival's website to check. Sure enough mine had changed. It seems Carnival wants cruisers to fill out the Sign & Sail card before you leave on vacation. You must also read and sign acceptance to complete the transaction. If you are leaving soon as I am, be sure to double check your status
marylb, Thanks for the headsup. I went to my reservation with 4 days to go and find that my FUN PASS is listed as incomplete. I have a printed confirmation that at one time it was complete. Perhaps I have a notify at home from them.

What was changed? Did you have to do the entire FUN PASS over again or just make the added things they now want for sign and sail?
The MyDocs still says I'm complete.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 AM

You have time so just go to the portion of the documents for the Sign & Sail and fill it out. Don't forget to accept the transaction as well. When you are through you can go to the details and see if everything is completed. We filled it out and still had an "incomplete" so we called and they walked us through it. I think they are just streamlining the process so it won't take as much time when you get to the pier. Its painless to fix so do it yourself online or have them go through it with you.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:21 AM

PS I reprinted my documents and fun pass when everything was corrected. It may be overkill but better safe than sorry.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:30 AM

To get to what was missing I clicked on "Pre-Cruise Reservation" and it showed what was incomplete, clicked on the incompletes and fixed them. There is another way to get to a dropdown list but I can't remember how we found it.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:02 AM

The rules on what is needed at the pier in advance have changed and the time frame to get everyone onboard. Everyone, for every cruiseline, for every sailing needs to register online before arriving at the pier. Whether you get a packet or eDocs, online registration is going to save you a major hassle and possibly missing the ship. With the new Customs requirements they need to move people at the pier quickly.

If anyone out there is one of the folks who say "I'm not comfortable putting my CC info in the computer", be at the pier at least 3 hours before departure. You'll need that much time for all the lines you'll be sent through to clear the process and board. Then you'll have to again have to stand in the long line at the Pursers Desk to get your sign and sail card that was ready at the pier check-in for those who did online check-in.

The process is changing. It'll make things move more quickly at the pier but only if you register in advance. For CCL you need to have your "Fun Pass" (forget about tickets, they're useless) in hand. If you don't know what that is, call CCL or your agent immediately.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-23-2008, 11:12 AM

Thanks TrvlPro. That explains it. I did set up my Credit Card but they ask limited questions on it. I didn't even have to give the card name or the full number (just the last 4 numbers.) Likely they'll just swipe the card I listed for the rest of the info when we get there. No need to fear in the process that I could see.

The background you gave for this explains it well. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Neil,

Thanks for the explaination. It's only 4 days to go for me and I may not have visited the site. My daughter's boyfriends parents are cruising for the first time. It would not have been a good first impression to have a 3 hr imbarkation for them. We will call them to check their status.

Mary, I am glad they only asked for last 4 digits. I am leary of any CC on web, sounds like Carnival is doing OK on this one.

But an Email from them to say we were not complete may have been a good idea and probably could have been automated. How did you find out?

Cruise in 4 Days WAAAA HOOOOOO
Old 01-23-2008, 12:51 PM

I just happened to read a post about it on another board. It would have been good to receive an email as you suggested. I suspect those who show up at the pier and must wait longer to register as you noted may be asking them the same thing.

Listen you have a wonderful cruise in 4 days. I wish mine was that soon. I'll be leaving on Feb 2nd and I can't wait.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 AM

I haven't had an opportunity to see the most recent updates within the last few days. The Fun Pass part is not new though. Even if you avoid the E-Docs, the Fun Pass registration is still required.

Neil, Thanks for the great explanation. I have never had to enter CC info. online before either. But I don't use the E-Docs.

When all the updates are finished, maybe we will have a better idea of it.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, check, fill, fun, incomplete, pass