Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2006, 03:19 PM

Even if I lived in Florida I wouldn't like to do a three day cruise. The checking in, unpacking, fire drill and packing -- your three days are gone. Five nights are fantastic and worth taking the extra days off of work.

I agree with one of the other post, we have done 17 cruises and it is because I put vacations a priority and make saving for them a priority and book really good deals. Cruise deals were a steal after 9/11. I told Ron we were personally going to keep the airlines and cruise industry in business. Did three cruises that year and three the next year, the advantage of being retired and really frugal. My husband knows every cent that isn't spent for necessities -- I plan on spending on vacationing.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:26 PM

everyone is right if you save and have your priorities straight cruises are great way to have fun we are taking a seven day cruise in oct and another 4day in dec we love cruising
Old 09-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Cruises are like drugs - it only takes one trip to get you hooked.

Unfortunately, I have to fly at least 2-3 hours to get to a port of departure in Florida and that costs an extra $500 CDN for the air fare - I can only afford to go once a year (went tice last year because of my honeymoon). I enjoy looking out the window about 1 hour before final decent into Miami - when we are crossing the Atlantic coast north of Jacksonville, and looking at the Georgia/Florida coastline passing by, but the cruise is still the best.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:40 AM

PC GUY,

Why does it take me 3 hours from SC to FL?

Them Canadians get all the deals
Old 09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Toronto - Florida is one of the most popular routes for Canadian Air Travellers, Air Canada and all of the Charter Airlines have direct flights to Tampa, Orlando, Miami or Ft. Lauderdale

My 1st/4th cruises, I flew Skyservice - a Canadian Charter carrier from Toronto-Ft. Luaderdale

My second cruise I flew US Air - they sent me Toronto-Reagan-Orlando - with the 30 seating requirement arriving and departing in Reagan we only had 10 min of airtime once we levelled off before we had to sit down again.

AA had a direct flight to Miami for my 3rd trip.

North West Airlink does Fly into my hometown of Kitchener (1 hour west of Toronto) with Saab 340 turboprops into Detroit, but the connections to Florida are not there to connect with a cruise ship in time - I would prefer to drive the hour and get a direct flight.

Closed Thread