Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2003, 11:18 AM

Does anyone know the dress code for the dining room for breakfast and lunch? I know for dinner it is casual with one formal night. We will be on the holiday
Old 01-03-2003, 11:18 AM

Does anyone know the dress code for the dining room for breakfast and lunch? I know for dinner it is casual with one formal night. We will be on the holiday
Old 01-08-2003, 04:03 PM

But, The official word from CCL (carnival) is "Resort Casual". This is defined as "No Flip Flops, No Tank Tops, No T Shirts". However, if you have ever sailed, you would know that they are not very stringent on these rules. A good rule of thumb is wear what you would wear to Applebees for lunch. But, in all honesty, though passengers may stare, nobody with CCL is likely to comment.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:46 PM

Unless I misread the original post, they were asking about the dress code for breakfast and lunch in the dining room. It has been my experience that pretty much anything goes during these meals. I have worn shorts, tank tops, flip flops, and I've even seen people with bathing suits and a cover-up on. The cruiseline understands that the dining room is just a pit-stop during breakfast and lunch, especially on port days, and try to make dressing for the dining room as easy as possible during these times. I've read where Carnival allows shorts in the dining room on evenings when the ship is in port till 11:00 pm or midnight, although I haven't actually seen it for myself. I'll let you know, we sail the Destiny on 3/2 and we're in Aruba until 11:00 pm.

Closed Thread