Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 12:34 PM

Are you tired of the routine of the passenger talent show (even if it's called something else)the last night of every Carnival cruise? I stopped going after cruise #2. I don't care to pay for the privilege of being entertained by amateurs, many of whom are marginally talented, and there's plenty of opportunity for them to be stars at karioke every night. So the last night of the cruise is not a high point for me, having to pack and say goodbyes and not having much to do after dinner. Since they don't give the musicians and dancers the night off, why not give us a decent show?
Old 12-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I understand your position, indeed I don't like the talent show either however I did see Selen Deion's brother once. My daughter dances on a Carnival Ship and they work hard, Rehearsals and other ship duties keep them fairly busy and a night at the end of the cruise is not a night off for them. Bear in mind that the show is always in rehearsal, someone pulls a muscle with 2 hours to go and they are on stage reblocking the show. You as a guest will never know all the work they go through for the 5 shows she already does in a week. Not to mention the library duty, the Bingo, the photos and oh yes she also keeps up a life boat captaincy in case there is a real emergency.

So do what I do on the last night? Get a glass of wine and your signifigant other, sit on the deck and watch the waves. Use the side deck where it is quiet or go forward on deck 7 (I think) and go out the door you will find a secluded veranda.

Bon Voyage
Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Administrator

I've also seen some great acts with the passenger talent show. I think it was the Grandeur Of The Seas in 1997, there was this passenger who totally blew the crowd away with his singing of Sinatra classics. Standing O! On another cruise last year there was a suberb pianist act by a passenger.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

I have sung in 10 talent shows. I used to sing professionally, (100 years ago) and it is fun to get to perform again.

We had one young lady that sang Celine Dion better than Celine. She was only 16 and she was absolutely amazing. So amazing the audience demanded she sing it again.

We have had several folks that were headed to Julliard. One played the violin and another the flute.

Yes, there have been a few "duds" along the way, but for the most part...I have always been pleasantly surprised.

However, the "old" talent shows are gone (for the most part) on the 7 day cruises. They have been replaced by the Legends show ...which all the entertainment staff participate in and it is a great show.

The dancers and singers do a wonderful job teaching the choreography and helping everyone look "sharp".

Besides doing the entertaining, the dancers also help with bingo and other activities around the ship.

They have always gotten high marks!!
Old 12-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Cruising is just about being wined, dined, and entertained. It's also about getting the passengers involved and having a good time. Many people will do things on a cruise, that they would never do back home. Yes, there is the karioke, but the talent show is more than just singing. Yes, sometimes the shows end up being all singing acts. But I have also seen some good talent of other acts. There are other forms of entertainment in alternate lounges if you don't want to watch the talent show. Or just take that last night to relax and enjoy being on the sea.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:59 AM

I agree with Cruise Fanatic.

There are plenty of more things to do. I like meeting the fellow Cruisers. If they have what it takes for one to get up there, I want to be there routing for them.

It is all fun for me, and have never found it boring. I am always amazed at the talent.

Closed Thread

Tags
amateur, carnival, cruise, cruises, final, guest, information, line, passenger, ship, ships, show, shows, talent, wirh