Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 08:25 AM

Linda beat me to it. But when we were on the Splendor in August it did not get warm (read above 70 degrees) until we were near Cabo going south. So I don't think there is an issue with no A/C where they are. If anything they need heating.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-10-2010, 08:40 AM
It will be very muggy without the air conditioning. That would be the most uncomfortable part of this situation for me.
We just did a panama canal cruise in October, left from San Diego. They had to fix our air conditioning in several cabins in our hallway the first day. It was working enough to keep the cabin temperature around 75 but that was still too warm with the humidity. The power went out on our cruise one morning, but it was after the ship had docked. Don't know how long it was out, we went on shore and it was fine when we got back.

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
Here are some images.

Macmom11 I know they have cancelled the Nov 14 cruise. They are refunding money and giving passengers 25% off a future cruise.

Some sources say ALL toilets in cabins are restored, some say most.

I think the worst part would be climate control. If you are in a cabin without a way to open an outside door or window, it will be hot and muggy .
Maybe the worst part is no ice for those fancy drinks.
Not sure how muggy any cabin is going to get with the HIGHS in the 60's and the lows at night in the 40's.

With no ventilation and people it can get very uncomfortable in a hurry. Stale air is not fun at all. One report said people were sleeping on the Lido Deck. I beat it is because of the climate control conditions below, not out of fear.

We will soon see a flood of youtube videos on this and more.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill SC:
It will be very muggy without the air conditioning. That would be the most uncomfortable part of this situation for me.
We just did a panama canal cruise in October, left from San Diego. They had to fix our air conditioning in several cabins in our hallway the first day. It was working enough to keep the cabin temperature around 75 but that was still too warm with the humidity. The power went out on our cruise one morning, but it was after the ship had docked. Don't know how long it was out, we went on shore and it was fine when we got back.
The funniest "complaint" I read was where the passenger says in the same sentence...."it was to cold and the a/c wasn't working???"
Old 11-13-2010, 08:37 AM

I have seen 2 people interviewed who talked about climate. 1 said it was cold, she also said she used the light from the balcony door for light. That meant she was on an upper deck. A couple form the Central Valley (California) stated they had no light in their cabin. The toilet could only be used for urine. The smell and heat made their nausea, so they had to stay on the upper decks where it was cool, the they had to wear their robes to keep warm. The said some were using surgical mask because of the smell. They would cruise again and planned on using their cruise credit towards a bigger cruise. So it sounds like passengers might be able to pay the difference in cruise price and get a longer cruise. That is nice.
In two articles I found, it sounded like the media was trying to make it sound worst than the people being interviewed intended.

I am glad to hear that the crew will get ALL their pay. I would not want the job of cleaning the ship, especially the lower decks.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:00 AM

Yeah, the media unfortunately always tries to make a negative event out of it, and in some cases tries to make the scenario worse than it was.

I read somewhere else (I can't remember where) that a passenger was interviewed, and it was her first cruise. She was upbeat about it, and tried to make the best of it. In the interview, she stated that many people were in their robes that the cruise line leaves in the closets when they were on the open decks. Even after that scenario, she said she will use the free cruise that was offered and cruise again.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cursed, date, fire, forum, forums, found, ice, long, nassau, refund, reviews, sailed, ship, splendor