Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 AM

As much as we love to cruise, we have been researching credit cards that carry the best reward/point system to accumulate a free cruise. Anyone have any advice on this topic??
Are they really all that they say they are, and do they tend to have alot of blackout dates for cruising?
As much as we use our credit card, we may as well be earning something.....
Would appreciate any advice, positive, or negative on the subject.
Thanks!!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 AM

As much as we love to cruise, we have been researching credit cards that carry the best reward/point system to accumulate a free cruise. Anyone have any advice on this topic??
Are they really all that they say they are, and do they tend to have alot of blackout dates for cruising?
As much as we use our credit card, we may as well be earning something.....
Would appreciate any advice, positive, or negative on the subject.
Thanks!!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:57 AM

Most of the cruise line credit cards are pretty similar. They are all going to have certain restrictions. A rebate credit card like Discover would probably work just as well where you could just apply the money you get rebated to any cruise that you choose.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:08 AM

I have had great experience with American Express Membership Rewards, with many charges accumulating double points (groceries, gas, etc.) I use these points for free airfare and then shop for the cruise deal.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 11-12-2006, 04:56 PM

I have a carnival sea miles card and have already redeemed 75,000 points last april and just 2 days ago 50,000 more. 1 point earned for every dollar spent. 50,000 points equal $500.00 so it is equivalent to a 1% rebate. not such a great deal. I found a chase business card some 6 months ago that pays me 3% back at the gas pump, 3% back at home emprovement stores- Home Depot, Lowes, and 1% on all other purchases. I am a Home Builder and use my credit card alot.I am no longer using my Seamiles card.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
I have had great experience with American Express Membership Rewards, with many charges accumulating double points (groceries, gas, etc.) I use these points for free airfare and then shop for the cruise deal.

That is what we use, as well, for accumulating points. We use our AmEx for any and every purchase we can for that reason.

We recently redemmed points for our airfare to Cozumel for our (*gasp* Hope I can say it! ) CVC week's stay at a resort in Cozumel. We had a really wonderful week's vacation for next-to-nothing.

I'm thinking of looking into a Visa or MC card that has some sort of rewards program, though, as a back up. Sometimes places don't take AmEx, but take either of those.

I was thinking, perhaps, of picking out an airline and applying for one of their cards (like Continental or British Airways). We always pay our credit card balances in full each month, so I'm not too worried about interest rates, although I'd prefer the lowest possible, in case a payment ever gets lost in the mail or something...
Old 11-13-2006, 03:41 PM

one thing about the seamiles card it does pay 2 for one points on $$ spent at carnival

Closed Thread

Tags
business, card, cards, carnival, credit, cruise, cruises, cruising, crusies, member, points, princess, review, reward, rewards