Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 06:14 PM

Carnival will be testing a program for onboard booking of future cruises. The test program will be on the Carnival Liberty, Carnival Valor, Carnival Freedom, and the new Carnival Splendor. Passengers can book a future cruise or pay for a certificate for a future cruise which will be good for 5 years. Passengers will receive onboard credit of up to $200.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:14 PM

Carnival will be testing a program for onboard booking of future cruises. The test program will be on the Carnival Liberty, Carnival Valor, Carnival Freedom, and the new Carnival Splendor. Passengers can book a future cruise or pay for a certificate for a future cruise which will be good for 5 years. Passengers will receive onboard credit of up to $200.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Gosh, I wonder where they got that idea from?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM

Their new test program will be very much like RCI. But actually I remember Carnival having a future cruise booking back in 1997 on the
Destiny. Back then they just were set up on the promenade at a table.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:32 AM

quote:
Their new test program will be very much like RCI. But actually I remember Carnival having a future cruise booking back in 1997 on the
Destiny. Back then they just were set up on the promenade at a table.

Thanks, Cruise Fanatic. I also remember them doing this on the Destiny in 1997. They had the table set up near the information desk on my cruise. I still have my free bottle of wine they gave out for booking onboard. It has the Carnival name, and the Destiny's profile etched in the bottle.

Dwayne
Old 07-02-2008, 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:

That's sounds great! Do you have any idea when carnival will start this? We are on the Liberty Aug. 23rd.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 AM

quote:
That's sounds great! Do you have any idea when carnival will start this? We are on the Liberty Aug. 23rd.

The way I understood the information is that the Liberty should have it now.

Dwayne
Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Banned

That "pay for a certificate for a future cruise" concerns me. I hope this is not another door opened for ICE.

I just read an article (somewhere..sorry "oldtimers prohibits me from remembering where) that Carnival was planning on getting "out" of the reservations business and wanted to leave it to TAs.

So I hope these reservations and "certificates" are indeed handled by Carnival and not ICE.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:34 AM

quote:
So I hope these reservations and "certificates" are indeed handled by Carnival and not ICE.

LHP, I think it will be handled internally with the reservation department. They do make some exclusions to combining them with other promotions. The Past Guest rates are allowed so far to combine them with.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, bookings, carnival, credit, cruise, onboard, reservations