Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2005, 08:19 AM

Curious to know if anyone has been on the Ship since it was renovated in 03? Also, was the motion alot more than on the bigger ships?
Thanks
Old 10-01-2005, 05:07 AM

I went almost a year ago, last week of October. Was not aware it was "renovated" in 03. It looked great for the age..so that would explain it. It is hard to compare the motion to the bigger ships, because was different weather conditions. I am only responding because I must be honest about it..It was the only time I almost got sick on a cruise. The front of the ship was dipping way below I have ever seen, and was the first time I have ever seen barf bags put out. Our trip on Nassau was cancelled the day before, so when we headed back up could have been the result of whatever went through the area. I went to desk and got a pill, then decided I would feel better if I had a few drinks..I did,..and did. So is hard to say if was the Celebration's size or not, but was the most movement I have seen and felt on a Carnival ship. Mind you that was on the way back to Port Canaveral, and by night it had calmed down. Is my best answer as never came close to being sick before. It was a good cruise and hope you have one too
Old 10-02-2005, 04:32 AM

We took the 5 Day Key West/Nassau cruise out of Jacksonville this past June. As far as the renovations go, the ship was clean and appears to be well maintained, but looks quite dated. This didn't adversly affect our experience. We had a great time and would cruise on the Celebration again if the opportunity arises.
Now for the motion. We were in one of the Cat. 12 V Suites and should have experienced about the worst of the motion. We went through some pretty heavy thunder storms and I don't think the motion was any worse than larger ships we have been on. I will say that no one in my family has much problems with motion sickness, but I didn't notice a lot of other people having problems either.
If you take the cruise on the Celebration, just remember that it is older and smaller than most, but you can still have a great time.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, celebration, cruise, date, line, reviews, size, smaller