Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 08:17 PM

Yes, I do remember the Big Red Boats. I hope your not saying their demise was due to poor customer service. As for the big 3 auto makers; their biggest problem was the unions.
I have to disagree on your figures for future cruisers. But your entitled to your opinion. I hope you get your response from Carnival soon.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 AM
I have read all the post and have to agree with Andrea, who loves cruising, that within a week they lost 2 ships (Pride and the Fantasy) and that is a lot of paperwork with thousands of request for refunds to get through along with the daily issues from passengers from their other 20+ ships. Add that to getting back on schedule with 2 ships down. I believe CCL will come through as they said when they get all caught up. I was on the Pride that had the problem and although didn't need any refund I felt they did the best they could with all they were dealing with. Stuff happens.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 04-18-2007, 05:14 AM

If it is an agreed upon refund, or a nicely worded dispute with docs to back it up, it usually gets credited in 3-5 weeks has been my limited experience. Just to add here
Old 04-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
As for the big 3 auto makers; their biggest problem was the unions.
Yes. I've read where one CEO of GM said he realized they were in trouble when it became apparent they weren't in the vehicle business but instead in the employee benefits business.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Banned

Islandcruz, I believe on a "normal" business day you are accurate. But, seeing that Carnival got hit double barrel with both Fantasy and Pride having 2 entire ships affected, the refund process is going to take much longer. I've already gone past 3-5 weeks. I'm still going to wait patiently. Carnival has always treated us fairly. I don't expect any less now. A'ndrea
P.S. IBCRUZIN' -- Keep the faith!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:50 AM

Yes, I guess Carnival will come through. That would put this particular issue to rest.

However, my disappointment is the great divide between the treatment received by passengers before/during the cruise and what they receive when they call Guest Relations. It seems that the employees of Guest Relations are not really there to solve, answer or address any issues but simply to answer the phone.

Will I quit Carnival now because of it? Not now but it does take the shine off of my opinion of this company and, when I shop around for cruises, I am no wearing a Carnival-Only set of rose colored glasses.

On the other hand, IMHO for cellular service, only Verizon Wireless will do. For credit cards, American Express is tops. For airlines, JetBlue if at all possible. For household shopping I first go to Walmart. Clothing -- Macys gets my $$. Large appliances -- Sears before all others. All of these companies have stellar Customer Service.

That is the edge that good customer service gives any service-oriented business. And, that is where Carnival is lacking. The other departments in Carnival work much too hard to give that level of customer satisfaction for it all to go to putz b/c of this one area. Will it hurt their bottom line, eventually.

I agree about the Big 3 Automakers, the unions did them in. Absolutely. However, when you think auto reliability, most people do not think any of the big 3. They lost their edge in the market b/c their cars did not outlive the car notes that people had to pay in order to support their bloated employee/retiree costs.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Banned

IBCRUIZIN'... I understand what you are saying. And, I believe everyone has their own opinion as far as superb customer service goes. When I read your post, I laughed because I have had the absolute WORST service ever with Sears customer service dept. We will never shop Sears again. We purchased a $2400.00 Kenmore Trio Refrigerator in '05. Nothing but problems... Sears doesn't want to know anything. Our $1800.00 Sears "Crapsman", as we like to call it.... riding mower... again... nothing but problems. Again, Sears doesn't want to know anything. Both were purchased with extended warranties. Everyone experiences different scenarios with different corporations, I guess. Keep me posted on your refund and I'll do the same for you. A'ndrea
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 AM

Let me add that it is not the refund that is at issue. It is my astonishment at the attitude of Guest Relations coupled with the long delay (over two months) in refunding this small amount of money.

I thought it fit a pattern of "company in trouble." Now b/c of these responses, I realize that this is just Carnival's way of doing things.

I am still not happy with Guest Relations.

Upcoming Cruzes

Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-18-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:
IBCRUIZIN'... I understand what you are saying. And, I believe everyone has their own opinion as far as superb customer service goes. When I read your post, I laughed because I have had the absolute WORST service ever with Sears customer service dept. We will never shop Sears again. We purchased a $2400.00 Kenmore Trio Refrigerator in '05. Nothing but problems... Sears doesn't want to know anything. Our $1800.00 Sears "Crapsman", as we like to call it.... riding mower... again... nothing but problems. Again, Sears doesn't want to know anything. Both were purchased with extended warranties. Everyone experiences different scenarios with different corporations, I guess. Keep me posted on your refund and I'll do the same for you. A'ndrea
When I read this, Andrea, I laughed out loud. I understand. You are right. What is golden for me is rotten eggs for someone else and vice versa. I am sorry that Sears dropped the ball. I guess it is all in who you get on the phone.

And I prescribe to your way of handling such an unacceptable situation -- take your business elsewhere.

Note: Didn't K-mart - another lemon in Customer Service -- just purchase Sears? Oh well. . . . .

Upcoming Cruzes

Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Banned

Yes, K-Mart and Sears are one in the same now. Live and Learn, I guess. Should have gotten that SubZero like I wanted !!!! A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
canceled, carnival, cruise, financial, forum, insurance, issue, line, lines, long, money, problems, refund, refunds, schedule