Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Banned

Thanks Islandcruz. The woman in Guest Relations couldn't have been any nicer or helpful to me. She even offered to have me wait on hold or call me back while she went over our documents. I opted to stay on the line. I know how that.... "we'll call you right back" thing goes.
Now we need to get started on our next cruise destination. Still haven't been to the Eastern Caribbean. And that's my plan Stan. Have a good day. A'ndrea
Old 04-24-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baby doll:
I've learned over my years of working in companies that every boss has a boss and I would go over the head of the one with poor service until I reached one who did preform like I feel they should. I'm sure someone up the chain of command does care about the company and realize customer relations are extremely important. Sometimes just hearing the other end of the phone someone who has a sympathetic ear to your problems and try to do something, anything to get you answers is a help, rather than a 9-5 person that doesn't gives a hoot to what your saying. Have you contacted anyone besides this level?
Latest Development:

One of the letters that I sent to the executives has hit home. I just got a call from "Martha" in Guest Relations to tell me that they have received the letter that I sent to Mr. Frank. She went on the say that my check had been mailed on yesterday 04/23/07 and that they would follow up on my "issues".

I told her that she can do what she wanted to do but I decided that my life is much happier if I didn't call guest relations any more.

I will let you guys know if I hear anything or when I finally get my check.

I think from now on I will communicate with Carnival via correspondence b/c their telephone customer service is not particularly efficient.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Banned

IBCRUZIN, Congratulations ! See, someone actually DOES care at Carnival. Glad to hear "check's in the mail". Please keep me posted on what they say regarding your other issues and most of all, how they handle it. A'ndrea
Old 04-26-2007, 08:10 PM

O.K. so I got an envelope in the mail from Carnival. It was signed by a human being. It said, "blah, blah, blah . . . we will investigate . . blah, blah, we don't condone that type of . . .blah, blah, blah.

The only thing that was missing from the envelope was a CHECK!!!

O.K. I have the extension to one of the managers. I will make one phone call and then it is back to my mass mailing letter.

It is like a sad version of Abbott and Costello, "Whose on First"

Will keep you guys posted.

Andrea, did you get your second check yet?

Upcoming Cruzes

Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Banned

IBCRUZIN, Maybe they mailed your letter out before the check itself. Give them a call, AGAIN, and see what they say. Contact the "human" who signed the letter.
My check has not come yet. Hoping today is the day. Now that spring has sprung, I have a list as long as my arm on how fast I'll spend those 2 checks.
Keep me posted and good luck.
A'ndrea
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IBCRUZIN':
O.K. so I got an envelope in the mail from Carnival. It was signed by a human being. It said, "blah, blah, blah . . . we will investigate . . blah, blah, we don't condone that type of . . .blah, blah, blah.

The only thing that was missing from the envelope was a CHECK!!!

O.K. I have the extension to one of the managers. I will make one phone call and then it is back to my mass mailing letter.

It is like a sad version of Abbott and Costello, "Whose on First"

Will keep you guys posted.

Andrea, did you get your second check yet?
Hopefully...like any huge corporation...one department handles complaints (like the deficiencies in guest relations) and another department cuts the checks. Here's to the "check is in the mail" to be a true statement this time!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:16 AM

I am wondering what they said they don't "condone" ? In the letter you received.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
I am wondering what they said they don't "condone" ? In the letter you received.
I am sorry I was paraphrasing here. But I left the letter at home today (I am at work). When I get home tonight I will add a post that includes the "meat" of the letter. It was pretty standard stuff.

So far this morning I called the "manager" at Carnival at 9:30 this morning. She has not returned my call. I have found a way to get hold of the head of Guest Relations. I may call that person this afternoon.

Upcoming Cruzes

Closed Thread

Tags
canceled, carnival, cruise, financial, forum, insurance, issue, line, lines, long, money, problems, refund, refunds, schedule