Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Hey all! Going on my first cruise next week on carnival sensation out of port canaveral. it was a christmas gift from my boyfriend (his first cruise as well) we are very excited!! i have found so many tips, ideas on this site.

any words of wisdom from the experienced cruisers? has anyone been on the carnival sensation??
Old 01-10-2007, 10:48 AM
any words of wisdom from the experienced cruisers? has anyone been on the carnival sensation??[/quote]

I havn't been on the Sensation but Port Canaveral is one of my favorites ports to leave from. It is small but very clean and friendly. Decent parking if you are driving in. They have a web site if you want to browse it. If you are flying in there are multiple ways to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral. About $25 each for the buses that stop and go or about $105 for a taxi which you can prearrange, Get 2 others and book with orlandotaxi, The owner is Marty and he gave us the absolute best service, even when the ship was late getting in, he stayed while other drivers left. I still have his phone number, leave me a private message if you want it.
And if you have time after the cruise you can take an excursion of the Spaceport booked right on the ship. If you haven't sen it it is worth the time.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:43 PM

Thanks cruise dad for your tips!
Old 01-10-2007, 05:02 PM

I love the Sensation! The last time I was on it was September 2006. I've been on it many times. There is a matrie'd Bimal aboard the ship and a dining room waiter Bruno from St Vincent. If you're lucky to get this combo you will have a great dining room experience.

The cabins only have one electrical outlet near the dresser. There is also an outlet for a shaver in the bathroom. If you need a hairdryer, you will have to take it. This ship does not have one in the room.

It appears that the ships are now making their money from pictures. They seem to be printing mostly 8x10's and they are $20.00 a pop! Don't LOVE every picture. It will get expensive. Formal night pictures are usually good ones, but they seem to only print them in 8x10's now, so be careful.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:50 AM

Thank u CruiseHappy for the heads up on the outlets. I am a blowdryer freak so i will make sure to bring mine along. everyone seems to warn me about the pictures. I will try not to give into temptation!

Closed Thread

Tags
6b, carnival, cat, christmas, cruise, electrical, expensive, forum, outlet, outlets, pictures, rooms, sensation, tips, type