Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 10:40 PM

If the staterooms don't have frigs, can anyone give me a suggestion on the best way to keep things cold in the room. I am mainly concerned about having cold milk for the baby during the middle of the night.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Your room steward will keep you supplied with all the ice and buckets you need.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:59 PM

I thought all the rooms on Carnival had fridges? We had an inside and we had a fridge. Does it depend on what ship you are on?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Yes.

That was covered earlier in this thread.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 AM

Not a know it all but,

Not all Carnival ships have fridges. Only the newer ones. And those act as mini-bars in which you have to ask for the key from the Steward and agree about paying for the contents.

And as Rick said they keep your ice going. I might suggest bringing a small cooler as well. I do for my beer, and they keep it iced for me.

If you do get a fridge, nicely ask the Steward if you could put a few small items in it if you feel better than the using the ice. A few is all would fit as it is already packed. I would use the ice though, the fridges are not that cold.

The fridge is not a cabin amenity for use. It is a mini Carnival Store of Soda, Beer, Goodies, and Liqour. They have every right and reason to not make it available for your personal cold storage.

Hope this sheds some light on the frig in your room question. For some odd reason I think I answered the wrong question
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Not at all, IslandCruz; there were two questions there and you nailed 'em both.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellymo:
If the staterooms don't have frigs, can anyone give me a suggestion on the best way to keep things cold in the room. I am mainly concerned about having cold milk for the baby during the middle of the night.
Kellymo,
Which ship are you going on?
Old 04-25-2007, 03:18 PM

Rhonda, we are going on the Fasinaction in July.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Actually, not all ships that have refrigerators in the cabins use them as mini-bars. On the Holiday for instance - the cat 12 suites have them but they are not locked and the only thing in ours (on three cruises in this category) has been the ubiquitous bottle of Evian they try to sell everyone. Some sodas too I think, but definitely no beer or airline bottles.

Anyway, we've just moved that stuff out and put our own stuff in - usually extra beers I bought at the pool bar and some Mexican Coca-Cola should we be in those waters.

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, contents, mini, pay