Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 AM

Has anyone sailed on Glory?? We are cruising on 4/28/07 and I have plenty of questions and concerns. I really do not know what to expect..starting with what to pack to how many days do I need off from work after the cruise to re-coop.....

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 06-19-2006, 09:19 AM

Haven't been on the Glory, but the 3 Carnival ships we've been on have been great. Clean, fun crew, good food, good service. Don't over pack, you wont need as much as you think you will. Sun dresses, slack suits, or nice slacks and tops for dinner. Polo shirts, dockers, or slacks for your husband. You will probably only have 1 formal night, which a cocktail dress and a coat and tie for your husband will be fine. Unless you want to go all out, with a tux and a formal gown. You'll need sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suits, water shoes, shorts, t-shirts, rain jackets or ponchos, a couple of clothes pins or binder clips for the shower curtain, camera, extra batteries, snorkeling gear (if you have your own), and lots of smiles. Think about what excursions you'd like to take, or whether you'd just like to stay on board. Paradise Island (just across the bridge from Nassau) is great. Trunk Bay in St. John (a ferry ride away from St. Thomas) is a beautiful beach to snorkel or just take in the wonderful beach. There is beautiful warm crystal clear water, white sand beach, fresh water showers, snack bar, lockers, and a self-guided snorkel tour. The shopping in St. Thomas is great, if you're a shopper. St. Maarten is a pretty island, the last time we were there we did the America's cup sailing, it was a blast! Since you have 2 days at sea before returning to work, you might be able to get by with one day after. I usually take one to do laundry, drop off the dry cleaning, unpack everything and put it away, and tidy up the house. Hope I answered some of your questions. Welcome and best wishes!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:45 AM

I haven't sailed on the Glory, but I've cruised with her sister Conquest twice. You should be in for an excellent experiance.
The seven day cruises have two formal nights, and the ladies wear everything from something nice that they picked up in port, to going all out fashion magazine + jewelry. Guys either wear a tux, regular suit or an ensemble (basically what their wives tell them to wear). "Normal" main dining room attire is smart casual, think of something that you'd wear to the golf course and that works for both genders. The lido deck dining room (buffet) is dress down, and many ladies are in their bathing suit & flip-flops, with their room towels as a sarong.
There is a wealth of knowledge here, take a look at cruisereviews.com, as well as carnivalcruiseblog.com. With so much time to "study" you'll be a virtual cruiser before you go! Enjoy!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-22-2006, 08:13 AM
I sailed on the Glory Last Year, 2 weeks before Memorial Day (One week before Victoria Day in Canada, so I got an extra day to recover from my Vacation)

It is a really nice ship. After sailing on the Fascination the year before, I was amazed at the size of the ship, and how much more space there is compared to the Fantasy Class.

We didn't get to stop in Nassau, because the ship was running 8 hours late because of heay winds in its last port of call from the previous trip. I did get to go back on my second trip on the Fascination - Paradise Island is Nice, you get to walk though the Atlantis Resort.

Because we skipped Nassau, we made a run straight for St. Thomas, and arrived 3 hours early. That was great because at 2:00 in the afternoon, the clouds opened up and we had a monsoon.

St. Maarten is a beutiful Island. If there are any aviation fanatics in your party, you may want to go to the beach at Maho Bay. It is litterally at the end of the runway of the International Airport. The planes come in quite low over the beach.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:00 AM

Hi MrsB, Sailed on Glory last year 10-23 had a wonderful time even though was re-routed due to multiple hurricanes! You picked a fantastic time to cruise weather-wise. The Glory is a beautiful ship with a great staff. A few things I learned on the simular route is to have your immigration slip filled out prior to check-in as caused a major backup..but was no ones fault because we were supposed to be going to Key West untill the night before! Also since we went to Bahamas first then St.Thomas we had to do onboard immigration at St.Thomas because we were technically re-entering the US after visiting a foreign country. It went smoothly though, was just something new to me. Also on that note and am sure you are aware the new Passport Requirement will be in full force then. I am going through the process now and found that Walgreens can do your picture and they have the applications there.

On the food side, agreeing with Marty the "casual dining" area stretches from outside lido..burgers fries etc. to inside to a large multi station buffet..along the way you will find an Oriental outlet and beside it a Deli that will make sandwiches to order. Once inside the main area here is a tip if you like fish..There is a Fish n Chip outlet upstairs that has great fish and other fare and is not busy either because no one knows it is there or they don't want to walk up the steps..and is easier to get a window seat The dress for this dining option is usually ultra-casual for lunch and then casual when they switch over to dinner. I am going on Elation this year and will defineatly miss the fabulous spread and choices on Glory!

Just a few thoughts. Again like the other Posters said you will find a wealth of information here from knowlegeable and nice people. Search Keywords for topics or ship specific questions, and if later someone starts a Roll Call for your ship/sail date join in or start one yourself. You can chat with fellow cruisers and make some friends. You certainly could not have picked a better ship or sail date. Welcome Aboard Cruise-Chat!

Best to you and all,
IslandCruz
Old 06-24-2006, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the info IslandCruz...I am so excited about this cruise but there are a lot of preparations and I would like to be organized & ready to go at least 1 month before we cruise.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 06-25-2006, 09:35 PM

I went on the Valor last Aug. and going on the Miracle this Aug. We had THe best time ever. Dream come true After you get on the ship and try to get to the peir by 11:00 even though the embarkment says much later. We arrived later last time and had averyvery long wait. We are flying down the day before and going for 11:00 am so we can miss the 2 hrs wait to get on. I hope htis works better. I bring a lot of clothe s. TOOOOOOOOOOO much but I change 3 times a day. Figure it out morning casual. afternoon swimmwear and then eveing alittle bit dressed up. Yes bring a tiw for your spouse for formal nights and evening dress for 2 formal nights. Bring as much bottles of water as you can. They charge $3.00 per bottle. Shampoo, hairdryers are provided. fun great food and enjoy!!!!! Jackie from Canada.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:36 PM

oops! bring a tie for your spouse.

Closed Thread

Tags
guided, nassaus, tour, walking