Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 07:14 PM

my boyfriend and i wanted to take a cruise for our 5 year anniversary. I had a few questions for people who may know

he is above 25 and I am not 21 yet, and I know it says you need to have a guardian at least 25. So he's considered my "Guardian" right? (How silly..)

Also, I thought I read somewhere that since I'm not 21 that I will need a permission note from my parents noterized in order to board? (Again, silly.. but just checking)

Also, what cruises do you guys recommend? We were looking at Western Carribean & Bahamas

I am claustrophobic, so should we pay a bit more to have a room with a window? Are the ones without a window really tiny?

At either of the two locations I was looking at, what shore excursions do you recommend? Since we are young, we are looking to be a little careful on money.

I understand food is included. What kind of food? Is it just a buffet thing? And with the free room service. Does that mean you can just order something and have it sent to your room?

I will probably have so many more questions LOL. Thanks to anyone who takes time to answer

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-15-2008, 08:25 PM

Hi x3Twilight, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I'll try to answer some of your questions. First off here is a link to Carnival's age policy.

I like the Western and the Bahamas (as long as the Bahamas is not just Freeport and Nassau).

The inside and oceanview cabins are the same size on most ships. Carnival's cabins are approx. 185 square feet.

There are endless possibilities for food. They have the main dining rooms with sit down service, and the alternative buffets as well. The room service is included in your cruise fare, a customary tip is in order though.

Here is a link to a sample dinner menu.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the links

So looking at the age requirements. Do they mean legal guardian or can be boyfriend be the guardian since he is older than 25?

I believe the Bahamas one we were looking at was the one with the stops at Freeport and Nassau.

Which boat do you recemend between those two would have the most of what would appeal to younger adults? I know boats have mostly the same stuff but some are different as well ?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
So looking at the age requirements. Do they mean legal guardian or can be boyfriend be the guardian since he is older than 25?
They don't have to be a "legal" guardian in the normal sense of the term. They will be responsible for you though regarding any possible damages etc. concerning Carnival.

About the boats, they are actually ships. They do have some variances between them with certain younger than average appealing amenities.

Carnival has many ships that sail the Western and Bahamas itineraries. Which one's are you considering?

Dwayne
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 PM

I still find that really odd because when you are 18 you are considered an adult but I guess with the legalities it makes sense.

And I do mean ship I'm just so accustomed to saying "boat" when i refer to something floating on water. Heck, I even call jetskis boats sometimes lol

I was looking at the 4 day Bahamas (Jan 4) on Sensation or the 4 Western Carribean (Jan 8) on Inspiration.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 PM

The Inspiration has the "Evolutions of Fun" completed. The Sensation will be heading to drydock for these enhancements on the next run after. If the WaterWorks is a consideration.

This would be a difficult decision for me too for a first time cruise.

Good luck deciding,

Dwayne
Old 11-16-2008, 07:47 AM

Thanks for the reply

Now I just have to wait for the boyf to take time off from work. He's had a hard time locating his boss. I told him that he can't get me all excited for this and not be able to take time off (LOL). I'd make him call in sick a few days

Old 11-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by x3Twilight:
Thanks for the reply

Now I just have to wait for the boyf to take time off from work. He's had a hard time locating his boss. I told him that he can't get me all excited for this and not be able to take time off (LOL). I'd make him call in sick a few days
Welcome to cruisechat! Excursions: If you are on a really tight budget you don't need to take excursions at all. I often walk around and just see what I can see. But the least expensive are usually the tours, and they can be very good especially if you have never been before. Being young look for walking tours, perhaps even of the rain forrests if there is one. I loved that in Antigua.
When you book ask what discounts are available. You aren't past guests but you may be surprised what can come up. Has either of you served in the Military? That is worth something. But ask your TA for help.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the suggestions Cruisedad

Neither of us has served in the military but my boyfriend works in law enforcement. I'm a student (No student discounts I assume? Ha)

Old 11-16-2008, 10:57 AM

Being your first cruise, go opn Inspiration. The WaterWorks addition is most definitely worth seeing and doing, especially on those days at sea. CruiseDad is right...check out the ports on your own. Also, chances are you will become friends with others on-board and you may wish to join them. I would choose the western Carib with Cozumel before I would Nassau or Freeport. You can rent a jeep there complete with insurance for the whole day less than $75 without reservations, or get a smaller car cheaper, or even a dune buggy.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination