Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 01:12 PM

I believe there are different status ratings on Carnival. I know Princess has 3 catagories and RCI has different ratings. I'd also like to see them consider the catagory you book as well. Maybe give you an extra sea day for a week balcony booking, like 8 days instead of 7. If you book a suite, 9 days instead of 7. Something like that. Ten 3 day cruises would be a lot less expensive than 10 7 day cruises, and if you booked a balcony or a suite, even more expensive. Just a thought.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by LizzyjaneFromGA:
Is there anything for us folks who are hitting our third and fourth cruise with Carnival? Ten seems way off in the future.
Just the Gold Status, which includes a cocktail party on cruises 5+ night cruises. Actually, it was pretty good the last time I went. I agree that 10 is a long way to go.

LisaP
Old 06-18-2008, 03:35 AM

The Past Guest Reception is always nice.

Here is a link to the program details.

Dwayne
Old 06-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by LizzyjaneFromGA:
Is there anything for us folks who are hitting our third and fourth cruise with Carnival? Ten seems way off in the future.

There are only "two levels" on Carnival.

On your second cruise you get a Gold card and a Past Cruisers Party (an hour of free drinks..woohoo).

On your 10th cruise, you are Platinum.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
Princess uses sea days and I feel that is the right way.

I agree. I don't think it is fair to give a 3-night cruise the same value as a 7-night, etc. But, it is their program and they used to not have anything I'd consider a repeaters program.

While that is true, how far do you go with it?
Is it fair that people who book a 1A get the same credit as people who book Suites?

And what about folks that gamble and drink alot and spend a lot of money in the Spas, unlike us who don't do that...they don't get any extra credit for that.

Our family of four were Platinum before the program started....and (best as I can remember) only one of those was a 4 day.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:36 PM

I just reached Platinum status. I leave on my next cruise next week. I can't wait for all the perks. One that I have already gotten is that I booked a Cat. 1A guaranteed and was upgraded to a Cat. 6D. Which is a HUGE upgrade for a solo cruiser.

There are levels higher than Platinum with Carnival. Once you have completed 25 cruises, you get 25% of your cruise fare back in OBC, once you complete 50 cruises, you get 50% of your cruise fare back in OBC and finally, once you have completed 100 cruises, you get 100% of your cruise fare back in OBC. This is excellent for gamblers, people who do a lot of excursions or take a lot of pictures. However, more than likely by the time you get to 100 cruises, you are probably up there in years and are not drinking, taking pictures or doing the more active, expensive excursions but it is a great perk nonetheless.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 PM

quote:
One that I have already gotten is that I booked a Cat. 1A guaranteed and was upgraded to a Cat. 6D. Which is a HUGE upgrade for a solo cruiser.

Congrats! That would be a HUGE upgrade for even Double Occupants! To my knowledge it isn't a Platinum Perk though. If it is a new one that I am unaware of, I am going back to booking guarantees.

Dwayne
Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
One that I have already gotten is that I booked a Cat. 1A guaranteed and was upgraded to a Cat. 6D. Which is a HUGE upgrade for a solo cruiser.

Congrats! That would be a HUGE upgrade for even Double Occupants! To my knowledge it isn't a Platinum Perk though. If it is a new one that I am unaware of, I am going back to booking guarantees.

Dwayne

I don't know if it is a platinum perk but on my october 08 cruise, I asked for a cat 5A (obstructed ov) and was given a Cat. 6C.

Whether these two cruises resulted in significant upgrades as a result of my newly established Platinum status. I don't know.

I have another cabin booked for may 08 but it is a Cat 1A with two picture windows and unless you get a balcony, you can't beat this cabin. There are only two on most of Carnival's ships and they go FAST!!! Not so good for couples but 2 or 3 people can live quite comfortably in this cabin.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by IBCRUZIN':
I just reached Platinum status. I leave on my next cruise next week. I can't wait for all the perks. One that I have already gotten is that I booked a Cat. 1A guaranteed and was upgraded to a Cat. 6D. Which is a HUGE upgrade for a solo cruiser.

There are levels higher than Platinum with Carnival. Once you have completed 25 cruises, you get 25% of your cruise fare back in OBC, once you complete 50 cruises, you get 50% of your cruise fare back in OBC and finally, once you have completed 100 cruises, you get 100% of your cruise fare back in OBC. This is excellent for gamblers, people who do a lot of excursions or take a lot of pictures. However, more than likely by the time you get to 100 cruises, you are probably up there in years and are not drinking, taking pictures or doing the more active, expensive excursions but it is a great perk nonetheless.

The Milestone Reward is a small insignia they
place on your Platinum card ..but not other "level".

We are still campaigning for a Black card like Princess has...but no luck so far.

We did however use our Milestone Reward 25% on the Legends last month and it was cool!

Our 16 year old will be a Milestone Reward member by the end of the year and we are using his 25% on our Freedom cruise!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:37 PM

LHP, do they usually give each Platinum member in your cabin a logo item? They have only been giving us one for the cabin, though we are both Platinum. Just curious. Thanks.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
10, 11, book, cabin, carnival, count, cruise, cruises, csrnivl, gold, lines, platinum, platnum, rating, status, upgrades