Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Hello Everyone, My wife and I will be celebrating our 30 years together with an a cruise on the Glory on 10 Nov. This will be our second cruise. Our hope is we will be assigned to a table just for two. What do you cruise crazed experts suggested? Go to the Maitre D' as soon as we get onboard? Wait till the ship is underway? Call Carnival? I booked the cruise using a Carnival sales rep and he suggested I just till I the first dinner seating.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-12-2007, 11:56 PM

Hello bigguycruising,

Congrats on your 30 years together!

Not a cruise crazed expert, I just try to help out when I can.

Since this is important, I would not wait until your first seating. The table assignment will be on your Sail & Sign Card. I would go to the dining room and check out the assignment immediately. If it is not right, find the Maitre'D ASAP. If you wait you will be further down the list of others wanting to change.

I hope it is right for you from the start, and best wishes for a wonderful anniversary cruise

Dwayne
Old 10-13-2007, 07:46 AM

We have found on the Spirit and the Pride, they will not assign a table for to in advance. You have to go to Maitre'D when you get on board. At least that is what they tell you. If you request a certain table number they will give it to you. Our cruise next week have our assigned table number on the paperwork, we will of course check this out when we board.
The other thing that requesting a table number does for us is assure that we are not in the very aft section of the Spirit Class Ship. They tend to be a little noisy.

BTW congratulation on your 30th!! Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:09 AM

Congrats on your 30th! We also like a table for two. You should call the Cruise Line now and tell them that's what you want. They ususally tell you they'll try but can't guarantee it, but we have always gotten one if we called in advance. Then, as soon as you get on the ship, go to the dining room and if it's open, go look for the table number on your seapass card. If it's not open, there is always either a Maitre'd hanging around or a sign telling you when he'll be available. Go early! and you're almost guaranteed to get what you want....at least, we always have. Good luck.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Congrats on your big 30! It is good to see a couple who have been together that long still have things to say to each other at a table for two. If it were me, first I would find my table after I get settled and find out if it is a table for 2,4,6,8,10 or 12. I do not much care for tables for 4. If you do not like your table mates you have no one else to talk to and makes for an uncomfortable dining but if it is a larger table you have more people to talk to. I understand that you want a table for 2 and that is great. My husband and I did a freestyle dining cruise and each night we sat with different people. On 2 nights we were sat at a table for 2 and we ran out of things to say. We enjoy meeting other people so we always give the first night a try. If we do not like our table mates we can always change. On our last cruise we met the nicest couple from England. We looked forward to each dinner to discuss what we had done that day. Enjoyed a drink and the evening shows together. I wish I had asked for their address to keep in touch. They were such a delight! Have a GREAT Celebration!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bigguycruising:
Hello Everyone, My wife and I will be celebrating our 30 years together with an a cruise on the Glory on 10 Nov. This will be our second cruise. Our hope is we will be assigned to a table just for two. What do you cruise crazed experts suggested? Go to the Maitre D' as soon as we get onboard? Wait till the ship is underway? Call Carnival? I booked the cruise using a Carnival sales rep and he suggested I just till I the first dinner seating.
Congrats on 30 years. Do not wait to arrange a table for 2. Call now and ask is good and you will probably get the answer stated earlier, but do it. Then as soon as you have reached the ship (really as soon as, do not dirvert even to the bathroom, do not pass GO, go directly to the dining seating cue) get in the cue to see the Matre D. There will probably be a line, I would not go first to see where the table is. 2 reasons, you will lose your place in the cue, and if you havn't actually talked to the Matre D you could be changed by others making requests. Cue up, We do every time and with our dancing daughter to add weight to our request. Be sure to tell them why you want it, it helps.
Don't forget the supper club for a special night, I think the Glory has one, very nice.
If you have not told your TA that it is 30 years be sure to do that to. It could get you some perks.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Go to the Matre'd as soon as possible after boarding and you will have no problem. Tom
Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 AM

Congrats! Sounds like a romantic way to celebrate.
Being a first time cruiser, I am not sure. But....Our travel agent said the staff will help with almost anything. So, I would just ask.
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Old 10-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Administrator

I agree with Tom and CruiseDad-- make a visit to the maitre d' your first stop, even if your TA has called Carnival beforehand. He is usually at the desk just inside one of the main dining rooms. This may be noted in the Carnival Capers you will receive upon boarding, but it wasn't listed on our last Carnival cruise. We went to the dining room anyway, and there he was. And, as CruiseDad stated, mention the reason you'd like the table for two.

And, happy 30th anniversary to you! What a wonderful way to celebrate.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 AM

Thanks one and all for all the advise. First stop: Maitre D' desk, second stop 30 red roses, third stop, local loan office!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, table