Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM

Can someone please explain the difference between the cabin class ratings for Carnival, please? I can't find the info on their website

I know the obvious differences like a 4 vs a 12, but what specifically is the difference between a 4 and 5 class, and then the letter designations after it. i.e 4A vs 4C?

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Administrator

The number is really what designates the cabin details (inside, outside, balcony, suite). The letter has to do with which deck the cabin is on. So for instance, on the Carnival Pride a cat 4A is an inside cabin on Riviera deck. A cat 4C is the same identical cabin but on Empress deck. So you pay more to be on a higher deck but the cabin is no different than any other cat 4 cabin.

There are some minor variances to this, but it is generally the rule.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Administrator

You had a great cabin on the Conquest! Big balcony on the aft corner. Can't beat that.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:36 PM

Nope sure can't beat that! It was my first cruise and my GFs third. Going in an inside cabin on the Ecstasy, I think we got spoiled on the Conquest as far as cabins go...
Old 08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Administrator

The inside cabin on the Ecstasy will be around the same square footage as your Conquest cabin. 185 square feet. Carnival has never skimped on cabin size with their purpose-built ships.

But as one who knows.....it is hard to get used to a non-balcony cabin once you have had one!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:12 AM

In my humble opinion, The inside cabin on Ecstasy will be smaller than the Balcony cabin on Conquest. The bathroom will be smaller too. I have been on both class ships and to me is a very noticeable difference. First, you have 2 different class of ships in your question. You are going from a Balcony on Conquest to an Interior on Ecstasy.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:19 AM
Hello Davec, I posted to this question earlier, and I could not find the original post so here goes:

Cat 1A - the smallest/cheapest room on the ship with a single bed, and a pull down upper berth

Cat 4 - standard inside room

Cat 5A - an outside room with 2 porthole windows, these are found at the front of the ship where it starts to taper into the bow

Cat 6 - Standard ocean view cabin with a large picture window

Cat 6E - Large Family Sateroom on the Destiny and Conquest Class, the have large floor to cealing windows instead of balcony

Cat 7 - Obstructed view balcony cabin. This is only found on the Spirit Class Ships. The view is blocked because of the lifeboats are right infront of your balcony

Cat 8 - stateroom with private Balcony

Cat 9 - Extended balcony stateroom - found at the back corners of the Destiny and Conquest Class, the spirit class has them in other locations of the ship

Cat 11 - Mini Suite

Cat 12 - Deluxe Suite

A - Rivierra Deck
B - Main
C - Upper

each higher letter represents a higher deck

Here is a great website that I have discovered, it has rotating views of several different rooms from many cruise ships

Make sure Java is enabled

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm
Old 08-31-2006, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
In my humble opinion, The inside cabin on Ecstasy will be smaller than the Balcony cabin on Conquest. The bathroom will be smaller too. I have been on both class ships and to me is a very noticeable difference. First, you have 2 different class of ships in your question. You are going from a Balcony on Conquest to an Interior on Ecstasy.
Good points. I was thinking standard outside versus inside when I made my post. I must have zoned out or something! On the Ecstasy there isn't much difference in size between those two. However, even between the Conquest and the Ecstasy I don't consider the size difference to be profound. A big part of it is the perception of space that one gets when there is a balcony and you have all that light shining in. An inside cabin can sure feel dark and confining!

Closed Thread

Tags
balconys, bow, cabin, cabins, carnival, classes, cruise, difference, explain, glory, obstructed, rating, ratinga, ratings, stateroom, victory, views